the power of concentration metadata error

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
niobium

Post by niobium »

https://librivox.org/the-power-of-concentration-by-theron-q-dumont/

sections 6 and 8 have track numbers as 7 and 9 respectively. none of the other sections have the track number listed, so this causes them to play out of sequence at the end of the album
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Are you downloading the 128kb files or another version?

The 128kb files are the uploaded by Librivox. The other versions 64kb, ogg, ... are all created from these by the servers at Internet Archive and sometimes they lose metadata in this process. If you are concerned with metadata, I would recommend using the 128kb files.

David O
niobium

Post by niobium »

i always download the 128 version from librivox. This actually seems to happen a lot in addition to track titles being cut off
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Are you downloading the 128kb files individually or downloading the zipped versions ?
niobium

Post by niobium »

zipped
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Unfortunately that might be where the problem lies.

When I check the individual files, the metadata exists.

The zip files are made "on-demand" by Archive software when you click the button, there are no zip files stored on our Archive pages; sometimes the process of creating the zip file drops some or all of the file metadata - I am not sure how or why it happens.

David O