COMPLETE: On The Trail: An Outdoor Book for Girls by Lina Beard -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

lomond wrote: January 19th, 2020, 9:31 pm
Greetings -

This is, indeed, going to be an interesting book. I can't wait to show the girls in my Pathfinder Club the attire worn by the girls in the book.

Notes on Section 7:

This is actually Chapter 6 instead of Chapter 7. At the very beginning and, again, at the end, this is identified as Chapter 7.

TIME: 01:29 TEXT: " As a guest in the wild,". Reading has this phrase repeated.

TIME: 06:16 TEXT: "more properly, the ruffed grouse." Reading has ruffled instead of ruffed.

TIME: 07:00 TEXT: "Stalking the Ruffed Grouse" Reading has this phrase repeated.

Otherwise, PL OK.

I enjoyed your reading of the calls of some of the birds, especially that of the ruffed grouse. :) :)

Lomond
Corrections for Chapter 6 (Section 7)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/onthetrail_07_beard_128kb.mp3 (20:47)

I'm embarrassed I let this go for so long. Apologies to all.
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

KevinS wrote: March 8th, 2020, 1:44 pm Corrections for Chapter 6 (Section 7)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/onthetrail_07_beard_128kb.mp3 (20:47)

I'm embarrassed I let this go for so long. Apologies to all.
Hey Kevin, no problem! It's in the system & ready to be PL'd again. Thank you!! 8-)
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Now that I am in self-isolation, I can get caught up with my PLing.

Section IV;

At the beginning and the end, we have that confusion between "section" and "chapter". This is Section IV but the end of Chapter III.

Two other small items that needs attention:

TIME: 20:19 TEXT: "half of a fresh one, put on to boil with the beans in cold" Reading has "one" instead of "on".

TIME: 26:46 In the list of essentials, the text has 1/4 pound of egg powder; the reading has one pound.

That list of essentials needed for one week's camping is incredible, weight wise. :shock: :shock:

Lomond
Last edited by lomond on April 20th, 2020, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

lomond wrote: March 17th, 2020, 5:11 pm Greetings -
Now that I am in self-isolation, I can get caught up with my PLing.
Yeah, I feel your pain, our entire state (California) just got shut down! Although there's some disagreement about to what extent. I'm hoping to do one last grocery store run tomorrow before I hunker down and spend wayyyy too much time on Librivox ... 8-)

Thanks for PLing! 8-)
Jaimiechurch95

Post by Jaimiechurch95 »

lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Notes on Section 5:

Well read with just a couple of things that need attention:

We have the same identity confusion with this section that we had with previous sections. This is Section V but just Chapter IV.

TIME: 26:10 TEXT: "at country stores in Cresco, Pa. May possibly be" The location should be read as "Cresco, Pennsylvania"

Other than that, it is PL OK.

I have to ask if you had any trouble keeping from chuckling when you were reading the vintage items of clothing that were listed as those that the girls should take along with them. The girls in my Pathfinder club are comfortable with just shorts and/or yoga pants and a couple of sweatshirts. :-)

Lomond
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Ready for PL -- thank you!! 8-)
Jaimiechurch95 wrote: March 20th, 2020, 12:43 pm Section 8 done! 39:48

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/onthetrail_08_beard_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

stoogeswoman wrote: March 20th, 2020, 7:11 pm Ready for PL -- thank you!! 8-)

Thanks!
Thank you - will get on and sort these out soon - was amused at the sheer quantity of clothing that they had to take :)
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

RuthP wrote: March 21st, 2020, 12:30 am
stoogeswoman wrote: March 20th, 2020, 7:11 pm Ready for PL -- thank you!! 8-)

Thanks!
Thank you - will get on and sort these out soon - was amused at the sheer quantity of clothing that they had to take :)

Sorry this was meant to be a reply to the feedback on my section 5 - made a mistake when I pressed the quote function!
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

With one exception, Section 8 was well read and easy to listen to.

TIME: 35:24 TEXT: "veined [160]on the under side. They grow mostly in tufts drooping from a common centre.[161]" Reading has "dropping" instead of "drooping".

When it comes to persimmons, I am a Hoosier (from the state of Indiana) and I have fond memories of watching TV while laying on the living room floor with a bowl full of vanilla ice cream covered with persimmon pudding made with local persimmons. No worries about calories or carbs and the best of people (my uncle) to share the experience with. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Lomond
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

lomond wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 8:09 pm When it comes to persimmons, I am a Hoosier (from the state of Indiana) and I have fond memories of watching TV while laying on the living room floor with a bowl full of vanilla ice cream covered with persimmon pudding made with local persimmons. No worries about calories or carbs and the best of people (my uncle) to share the experience with. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Lomond
Hey Lomond, I live in Southern California and we have a persimmon tree in our backyard. Last year we had an amazing crop due to the heavy rains the previous winter. I'd never really tasted them before and they're soooo good! And yes, very low in calories! We're having lots of rain again this year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another great batch! 8-)
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Section 7 has a couple of repeated phrases, but, otherwise, is ready to go.

TIME: 01:30 TEXT: " As a guest in the wild, conducting " Reading has this phrase repeated.

TIME: 16:35 TEXT: "Pocket Gopher" Reading has this phrase repeated.

Aren't you glad they didn't have try to imitate every one of the birds? :D

Lomond
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

lomond wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 9:47 pm Greetings -

Section 7 has a couple of repeated phrases, but, otherwise, is ready to go.

TIME: 01:30 TEXT: " As a guest in the wild, conducting " Reading has this phrase repeated.

TIME: 16:35 TEXT: "Pocket Gopher" Reading has this phrase repeated.

Aren't you glad they didn't have try to imitate every one of the birds? :D

Lomond
Friend, I did not find the repeat at (or around) 1:30. Would you mind checking again?

Here is the new recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/onthetrail_07_beard_128kb.mp3 (20:44)

Incidentally, I lived for a good length of time in Southern Indiana.

As for bird calls, I do a mean Woody Woodpecker, but only three people in the whole world have been allowed to hear it.
lomond

Post by lomond »

KevinS wrote: March 24th, 2020, 8:53 am

Friend, I did not find the repeat at (or around) 1:30. Would you mind checking again?

Here is the new recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/onthetrail_07_beard_128kb.mp3 (20:44)

Incidentally, I lived for a good length of time in Southern Indiana.

As for bird calls, I do a mean Woody Woodpecker, but only three people in the whole world have been allowed to hear it.
Greetings -

Aaaack! Isolation is affecting my hearing so that I do not know what I am hearing!!! Gotta get out of here!!! Don't know why I didn't check that one twice. Please excuse my aberrant faux pas.

My home town is Dana, Indiana, which is about 35 miles north of Terre Haute.

Lomond
Jaimiechurch95

Post by Jaimiechurch95 »