COMPLETE[PLAY]The Squire by Arthur Wing Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
iamjessebaxter

Post by iamjessebaxter »

I would like to read Loud Voice, Act 3. (Section 1)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

iamjessebaxter wrote: February 28th, 2020, 8:34 pm I would like to read Loud Voice, Act 3. (Section 1)
and third time is the charm. By now you will have noticed that it's hard to miss me in a drama project :lol:

welcome again and thanks for making us fully claimed. if you haven't checked out the Plautus project yet, I have replied to you in detail here: viewtopic.php?p=1683903#p1683903

I will also unofficially reserve you the Loud Voice role for the time being, but would recommend doing the test first. And as this is a very small role, compared to the other two you claimed, it's probably a good idea to start practicing your drama skills with this one before you tackle the major parts. 8-)

Good luck and I'll be seeing you around

Sonia
rrfellows

Post by rrfellows »

Kitty wrote: February 18th, 2020, 4:40 am I notice the crowd speeches are a bit jumbled up here, if you could put them in the correct order in which they appear in the text, that would be helpful to our editor to find them back easier.
Sorry about that - all blame goes to Dad, not Roland.

We've corrected and re-uploaded the part. Let us know if any other changes are needed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_child_03_128kb.mp3

Regards,
Steve & Roland
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

rrfellows wrote: February 29th, 2020, 4:41 pmSorry about that - all blame goes to Dad, not Roland.
We've corrected and re-uploaded the part. Let us know if any other changes are needed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_child_03_128kb.mp3
thank you, now all is perfectly PL ok. :clap: I think it will sound nice to have a much younger voice in the crowd as well. It's a good effect to have very different voices.

So congrats to your first official section. I hope you liked the drama process (you are definitely talented) and maybe I'll hear you in another play soon. Young voices may not be so common in the drama plays, but they happen from time to time. I see there is a boy needed in our new Plautus play for example: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=78404 (who has one lengthy monologue) and another in The old bachelor: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77813 (who only has one line :lol: )

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Some roles orphaned.

Thanks, Todd
iamjessebaxter

Post by iamjessebaxter »

Hey there,

My One Minute test was recently approved and I will be recording for these sections shortly. Can't wait!
I have a question about one particular moment in Act 3. Right now I am reading the lines of Loud Voice, All, Crowd and Villagers, but would you also like me to read the Chorus that is "sung" by the Villagers? It goes like this:
CHORUS.
Everybody.
Bread in the oven, milk in the can,
And wood for the winter fire!

Fire-ire-ire!
A broken back for the husbandman,
And golden corn for the Squire!

Squire-ire-ire!

As I am new here, I am not quite sure what to do with this particular. Is there a certain rhythm I should read it in? Should I sing it? :lol: Or do I not read it at all? Please let me know what I should do. Thanks! :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, I want this chorus. In general, record anything you think you might need to. It might only add a couple minutes to your recording time, and it is much easier to cut (what turns out to be extra) things out when I edit the play together than to track down folks to get extra lines I need.

And in multi-person stuff like these, my mixing of voices during editing will depend on the actual voices I get - hard to exactly specify in advance. I am getting pretty good at getting voices recorded differently to match up when I edit. Some people are faster or slower than others, and I will change tempos and cut/insert silences to try and align voices.

That said, feel free to download and listen to some of the "Also read ALL and Villagers and Crowd" files that have already been submitted by bluechien, adambielka, or rrfellows (all down at the bottom of the MW), and perhaps match the rhythm of one of them. (I can't say which one is "best" to match becuz I have not listened to them myself yet - I only do that when the parts are all in and I edit.)

I don't like to have singing - it is hard to put sung voices together well, and we have to be sure that the tunes are in the Public Domain as are our texts.

Thanks and welcome, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just to let you know I have Eric Thorndyke recorded and will get it edited this week.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 11th, 2020, 4:42 pmHere is Gilbert Hythe:
what a treat :9: I was looking forward to hearing this character, I think he is the prototype of the torn romantic hero. You managed to bring out the two faces very well, the love on the one hand and the hatred on the other. But in the end friendship prevails. I think Gilbert would have been better than Thorndyke for the Squire in the long run.

All acts PL ok :) brilliant job, thanks, Tomas !!!

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Fell, act 3 please.
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: March 14th, 2020, 7:32 pm Fell, act 3 please.
this makes us fully claimed, thanks Nemo :) have a nice Sunday !!!

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."