COMPLETE [HISTORY] The Red Reign: The True Story of an Adventurous Year in Russia, by Kellogg Durland-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
VanessaHugh123

Post by VanessaHugh123 »

thanks! I will try the 1-minute test and go for it asap! :)
VanessaHugh123

Post by VanessaHugh123 »

LCaulkins wrote: March 17th, 2020, 6:49 am
VanessaHugh123 wrote: March 16th, 2020, 10:34 pm can you give me chapter 10 to record?
Hi, Vanessa!

I am reserving section 14 (chapter X) for you, but before you do that recording, you will need to do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board. It is meant solely to make sure your system is set up properly before you do all the work of recording a full chapter. It would be a royal PAIN to have to re-do a whole chapter if something wasn't as it needs to be!

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :) Glad to have you with us!

P.S. - I will need to know what name you want us to use when we make your Reader Page for the Catalog (the name people will see when they are looking at audiobooks), and if you have a URL for a personal web page that you want linked on your Reader Page.
Thanks! I will try that 1-minute test and comply with this asap! :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Lynette - FYI, VanessaHugh123 posted her reader info in her test thread, so I've added her to the reader database. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Excellent! Thank you! Vanessa, I'm getting the assignment put into the MW now. :) Thanks for your help!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
yeahdam

Post by yeahdam »

Hi! I would love to read sections 16 and 17 (Governmental Terrorism parts 1 and 2). Thanks!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

yeahdam wrote: March 18th, 2020, 9:08 am Hi! I would love to read sections 16 and 17 (Governmental Terrorism parts 1 and 2). Thanks!
Hello!

Yes, LibriVox "work" is a great filler for these quarantine days!

I will reserve 16 and 17 for you, but before you work on these recordings, you will need to do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board. It is meant solely to make sure your system is set up properly before you do all the work of recording a full chapter. It would be a royal PAIN to have to re-do a whole chapter if something wasn't as it needs to be!

Here is the link for information: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :) Glad to have you with us!

P.S. - I will need to know what name you want us to use when we make your Reader Page for the Catalog (the name people will see when they are looking at audiobooks), and if you have a URL for a personal web page that you want linked on your Reader Page.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
VanessaHugh123

Post by VanessaHugh123 »

LCaulkins wrote: March 18th, 2020, 8:54 am Excellent! Thank you! Vanessa, I'm getting the assignment put into the MW now. :) Thanks for your help!
Thanks! I will try recording and get it to you asap.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Ciufi!

Yes, it really is.
~Lynette * -
BillTurns

Post by BillTurns »

LCaulkins wrote: March 13th, 2020, 7:55 am
aniroo wrote: March 13th, 2020, 7:25 am If you are still looking for a PL , I'd be glad to sign on. I'm PL for a project that is about finished and can use another.

aniroo
Thank you for the offer, aniroo! We are set here right now, though. I'm doing DPL, just needed someone to proof the sections I put up, and Kevin grabbed that one yesterday.

There are a couple of projects in the Launchpad that are looking for DPLs - maybe one appeals to you?
Good afternoon,

Section 37: PL OK

Always a pleasure,
~Bill
Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.
~Benjamin Franklin
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

BillTurns wrote: March 19th, 2020, 2:00 pm
Section 37: PL OK

Always a pleasure,
~Bill
Thanks, Bill!
~Lynette * -
ptfleischman

Post by ptfleischman »

I'd be happy to PL section 15.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ok, go for it. Thanks :)
~Lynette * -
ptfleischman

Post by ptfleischman »

Do I gather that PL level is word-perfect rather than standard?

If you're still looking for a word-perfect check of previously PL OK sections, which sections would those be?

~Paul
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi Paul,

Everything that's marked PL OK is already word-perfect checked. :) I am actually DPL for this book, so in normal circumstances only the sections I submit need proofing by someone else. But at this moment, the increased volume of submitted files for me to proof in my pool of DPL duties makes it nice to have your help with this section by Ciufi. (Quarantine times make for a lot more LV time for people in general.)
~Lynette * -