COMPLETE (Novel) Miss Crespigny by Frances Hodgson Burnett-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lleskk

Post by lleskk »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

thank you
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

lleskk wrote: March 17th, 2020, 2:01 am Thanks both!

Noted! Will edit the tracks!
Chapter 11 and Chapter 12 are both all happy now and PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

lleskk wrote: March 18th, 2020, 12:09 pm hi... i fixed the section 11 and 12!

section 14: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_14_burnett_128kb.mp3 [14:08]

There's this one segment on chapter 14 (i guess), that was a song (?)... And i don't know whether i should sing to it or just read it, but i tried to sing it :lol: . So apologies for the singing :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was nicely sung - you got a very good haunting sound to it.

Only one spot needs attention in this chapter -

at 6:25, "I never heard you sing [it before]" got clipped.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 15 PL Note:

Hi! The only note on this chapter is about pronunciation, so it is up to you if you want to edit the spot. I'm only including it because a lot of people ask me to let them know if pronunciation would confuse a listener.

At 5:44 - "Trysting place" will probably be confusing as it is pronounced. The first part of this word should rhyme with wrist - like "tristing place"

But by the way, your accent is really, really lovely. I've been enjoying it. :)
~Lynette * -
lleskk

Post by lleskk »

LCaulkins wrote: March 21st, 2020, 10:25 am Chapter 15 PL Note:

Hi! The only note on this chapter is about pronunciation, so it is up to you if you want to edit the spot. I'm only including it because a lot of people ask me to let them know if pronunciation would confuse a listener.

At 5:44 - "Trysting place" will probably be confusing as it is pronounced. The first part of this word should rhyme with wrist - like "tristing place"

But by the way, your accent is really, really lovely. I've been enjoying it. :)
Noted! Will work on it and the rest of the chapters.

Thank you and glad you enjoyed it 😂😂.. i had much fun reading it as well!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, you are so amazing. Thank you so much.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

lleskk wrote: March 27th, 2020, 10:39 am hi.. this is the revision for section 14 and 15:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_14_burnett_128kb.mp3 [14:08]

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_15_burnett_128kb.mp3 [11:42]
Hey, those are some very nice edits on 14 and 15. These are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

I have pulled the other 4 chapters for my PL queue :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you for bearing with me! You may be able to imagine that incoming recordings are greatly increased right now! These 4 chapters are now at the top of my queue, so I'm starting on them right now. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ch. 16 is nicely read - no edits necessary on that. There is a high level of background hiss, though, so it does need Noise Reduction applied to it. :)
Last edited by LCaulkins on March 29th, 2020, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ch. 17 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Lleskk :)

Lisbeth is so very silly, isn't she? :lol: I sure hope the final chapter has her come to her senses and get together with Hector. I'll find out in a little while - the drapes I washed are finished in the dryer now, so I have to get them all re-hung before they wrinkle.

First - ch. 18 has a word's pronunciation you might want to fix:

at 51: "aroused herself to astonish them"

uh STAWN ish (second syllable rhymes with dawn, and gets the accent, with a longer voicing than the first and third syllables)

also at 7:57 "it is astonishing" ~> uh STAWN ishing
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 19 is PL OK :thumbs:

she wrote a rather abrupt reconciliation, but that's the ending we wanted. :)
~Lynette * -
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, huge thanks for the quick pling. You are amazing. The old policy was that we do not change such pronounsiations because the meaing is not oltered and we give the reader their way of reading words even if it is not what we would have read. It turned out that one reader would say Godard and another Goodard with a u and I, as a listener, did not recognize the character. I don't know what the new policy is but I would pass this as pl-ok unless you and Annie think otherwise.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.