[COMPLETE] Little Pictorial Lives of the Saints, Vol. 2 (April-June) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
KevinS
Posts: 7545
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 17th, 2020, 5:47 pm


julianpratley
Posts: 427
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » March 18th, 2020, 11:55 pm

KevinS wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 5:47 pm
Sec. 63 uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pictoriallivesvol2_63_shea_128kb.mp3 (2:48)
Yours are all PL OK except for 58, which has a stumble at 2:16.
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

KevinS
Posts: 7545
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 19th, 2020, 3:13 pm


TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 46352
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » March 19th, 2020, 3:32 pm

I'll help out.

1,7,16,29,35,40-42

(You can copy/paste that into the Sections box - makes it easier.)
Hatfields & McCoys Sensationalist Account: An American Vendetta
Humor: Maxims of Methuselah about women

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 46352
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » March 19th, 2020, 3:38 pm

... and since I tried on section 1 before buying it, it's ready:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pictoriallivesvol2_01_shea_128kb.mp3
3:41

Please correct any punctuation I may have gotten really wrong. I'm not Catholic, so I don't know what that term was after "extreme unction" and whether I pronounced it correctly. :)
Hatfields & McCoys Sensationalist Account: An American Vendetta
Humor: Maxims of Methuselah about women

KevinS
Posts: 7545
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 19th, 2020, 4:44 pm

TriciaG wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 3:32 pm
I'll help out.

1,7,16,29,35,40-42

(You can copy/paste that into the Sections box - makes it easier.)
Thank you! Thank you!

(Did you know that many languages repeat a word to convey emphasis?)

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 46352
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » March 20th, 2020, 9:26 am

I'm sorry - I cannot do section 7. As a Reformed Protestant, I cannot in good conscience record a section that encourages the veneration of Mary.

As penance, I'll take up 43 and 44 instead. :)
Hatfields & McCoys Sensationalist Account: An American Vendetta
Humor: Maxims of Methuselah about women

KevinS
Posts: 7545
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 20th, 2020, 9:32 am

TriciaG wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 9:26 am
I'm sorry - I cannot do section 7. As a Reformed Protestant, I cannot in good conscience record a section that encourages the veneration of Mary.

As penance, I'll take up 43 and 44 instead. :)
Whatever you are comfortable with.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 46352
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » March 20th, 2020, 10:22 am

Hatfields & McCoys Sensationalist Account: An American Vendetta
Humor: Maxims of Methuselah about women


KevinS
Posts: 7545
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 20th, 2020, 12:43 pm




paulbrianstewart
Posts: 94
Joined: August 29th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Post by paulbrianstewart » March 21st, 2020, 6:04 pm

Gidday!

Here is section 8, April 8, St. Perpetuus, Bishop, reuploaded with the corrected audio

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pictoriallivesvol2_08_shea_128kb.mp3

Length: 3:1
Size: 2.9mb

Looking forward to any feedback to make it better. Trust this is what you're looking for....looking forward to helping some more.
Thanks,
Paul Stewart

KevinS
Posts: 7545
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 21st, 2020, 6:58 pm

paulbrianstewart wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 6:04 pm
Gidday!

Here is section 8, April 8, St. Perpetuus, Bishop, reuploaded with the corrected audio

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pictoriallivesvol2_08_shea_128kb.mp3

Length: 3:1
Size: 2.9mb

Looking forward to any feedback to make it better. Trust this is what you're looking for....looking forward to helping some more.
Thanks,
Paul Stewart
Thank you! We'll soon have a listen!

Post Reply