Tom
Looks like you did, and I missed it :roll:
ChefWombat

Post by ChefWombat »

I would like to claim chapter 15 please
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ChefWombat wrote: March 20th, 2020, 10:04 am I would like to claim chapter 15 please
Thank you for claiming. This is a very long chapter, so I am asking you to break it into two files (15 and 16) of roughly equal length. The break can come wherever seems logical to you. Treat them as two distinct sections. Ask if you're unsure.

I have added you to the catalog of readers using your forum name, but I can change that if you'd prefer your real name.

Please be sure to read the first post, as all the information you need is there, but do ask if anything isn't clear.
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

miss stav wrote: March 13th, 2020, 3:35 pm The Weered Picture Chapter 12

About one minute, stumble: "the first meeting after… Afte rher refusal of him".
Between 15 to 25 minutes into the chapter- in too many sentences the silence is too long. Sometimes, it distracts from the listening. Please note that, as a rule of thum, a brake should not be more than two or three seconds. I don't know why in these proticular ten minutes and not before or after.
Are those issues enough to need re-doing? I've just gotten swamped at work and it may take a while if 'yes'.

I'll also keep the issues in mind as I record Chapter 13
BTW, if someone wants to record Chapter 13, feel free - I will do it by mid April if 'no'.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ghaelen wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 6:33 am

Between 15 to 25 minutes into the chapter- in too many sentences the silence is too long. Sometimes, it distracts from the listening. Please note that, as a rule of thum, a brake should not be more than two or three seconds. I don't know why in these proticular ten minutes and not before or after.
Are those issues enough to need re-doing? I've just gotten swamped at work and it may take a while if 'yes'.

BTW, if someone wants to record Chapter 13, feel free - I will do it by mid April if 'no'.
Stepping in here...
I have orphaned section 13 as mid April will take us past the 2 month deadline. If no one claims, you can always reclaim when time permits.
As for section 12... DO NOT RE-RECORD!!! These fixes are quick and easy (if necessary, I could do them for you, although usually it is the reader’s responsibility) . Just highlighting the offending sections in your Audacity file and use the scissor tool. Then reupload using the file name. Apart from the stumble, you don’t even have to listen to the file. Just look to see where the gaps are 8-)
SamhitaM26

Post by SamhitaM26 »

can I please do section/chapter 13

thanks
Samhita
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

SamhitaM26 wrote: March 24th, 2020, 10:34 am can I please do section/chapter 13

thanks
Samhita
Enjoy!
juddmoss

Post by juddmoss »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

juddmoss wrote: March 27th, 2020, 2:18 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/weirdpicture_11_carling_128kb.mp3

Chapter 11. 32:38 in length.

juddmoss
Thank you
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

Lynnet wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 7:41 am
ghaelen wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 6:33 am

Stepping in here...
I have orphaned section 13 as mid April will take us past the 2 month deadline. If no one claims, you can always reclaim when time permits.
As for section 12... DO NOT RE-RECORD!!! These fixes are quick and easy (if necessary, I could do them for you, although usually it is the reader’s responsibility) . Just highlighting the offending sections in your Audacity file and use the scissor tool. Then reupload using the file name. Apart from the stumble, you don’t even have to listen to the file. Just look to see where the gaps are 8-)
ah, ok, I can shorten the silences between 15 and 25 minutes. I'll try to get to that today.

Thank you Samhita for taking chapter 13!

Edit: New upload Chapter 12: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/weirdpicture_12_carling_128k.mp3
File length: 39:25
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

11 and 12 are pl-ok. I listened a while ago but didn't post. Wow this was smart...
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you!
ChefWombat

Post by ChefWombat »

Hay all sorry for the radio silence. I just finished recording the first part of chapter 13. Need to do some audio edits like long pauses etc. should be uploaded tomorrow. Not sure I will be able to get part 2 donen by this week so my apologies for missing the deadline.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ChefWombat wrote: April 29th, 2020, 7:16 am Hay all sorry for the radio silence. I just finished recording the first part of chapter 13. Need to do some audio edits like long pauses etc. should be uploaded tomorrow. Not sure I will be able to get part 2 donen by this week so my apologies for missing the deadline.
Thank you for checking in. It is important that both sections are read by the same reader, so I have extended your deadline til the end of June.
ChefWombat

Post by ChefWombat »

Thank you.