COMPLETE (Novel) Miss Crespigny by Frances Hodgson Burnett-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh! Hey, is it helpful to you if I load them into the MW when you receive them, and then pull them for PL work?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
lleskk

Post by lleskk »

miss stav wrote: March 14th, 2020, 8:51 am Huge thanks. I hope you enjoyed them. Would you like to read 14-19?
Hey, i do enjoyed reading it! Sure miss stav, i can take the rest of it. 😄😄
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

How wonderful. Thank you so much.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I will move you to Readers Found. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

lleskk wrote: March 14th, 2020, 8:41 am Hi... here's my recordings of section 11 and 12, will send the 13 later

section 11 : https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_11_burnett_128kb.mp3 [15:34]

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_12_burnett_128kb.mp3 [13:05]
Hi, Lleskk!

Thank you for helping with this project. You have a nice reading style! Sections 11 and 12 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: <~~ (Oops, my goof - see Miss Stav's comment after this, and the note I added at the bottom)

I did want to make a note about one thing that happens a lot: When there is dialogue that the author divides with a narrative comment, you're almost always reading all the character's words and then going back and reading the narrative comment. For example:

“For the good of my health,” she once said to Georgie. “I find it benefits me, physically and morally. Pen’yllan is a queer place, and is productive of queer effects upon people."

gets read as

"For the good of my health, I find it benefits me, physically and morally. Pen'yllan is a queer place, and is productive of queer effects upon people," she once said to Georgie.

We do need to read it the way the author writes.

It is not necessary to edit any of the places where this happened in these submitted chapters, as none of the occurrences actually changed the meaning. But moving forward you can train yourself to read the narrative the way it is written. :)

I look forward to your next chapters!

- - - - - - - P.S.:
Well, OK, Miss Stav says they do need to be edited. You won't need to re-record the chapters, though, because editing can fix this.

Are you using Audacity to record? You can open the file, click on the + sign tool to zoom the track in until it is showing the half-seconds, and you can see the pauses between phrases.

Now you can play the file while watching the script you had read. (I put my browser window on one half of the screen, and my Audacity file on the other half, so I can see them both.)

When you come to a spot where the narration comment is read after all the character's dialogue, on the sound track, highlight the portion that is the narration comment (such as "she once said to Georgie," above) click on the scissors tool to cut that phrase out of the sound track, then click in the spot where that comment should be, so that the cursor line falls in the pause after the word, "health," and click the paste tool. You can play that stretch to see how it fixed the sentence. If something doesn't work the way you want, you can always press control-Z however many times you want to undo the steps you did.

I hope what I described makes sense. I remember it was confusing to me to first learn about editing my files, but after you get used to it, it is super easy.
Last edited by LCaulkins on March 16th, 2020, 12:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am sorry, but it is necessary to eddet. It is against librivox policy to allow text to be read differently, and it does not matter if the meaning is changed.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK. I changed the status to See PL Notes, and added to my comment to explain how to fix the recordings (Lleskk, you will not need to re-record the whole chapters)
~Lynette * -
lleskk

Post by lleskk »

Thanks both!

Noted! Will edit the tracks!
acousticwave

Post by acousticwave »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge huge thanks.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

10 is in the MW and captured for PL first thing tomorrow morning. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

acousticwave wrote: March 17th, 2020, 9:40 am Here is Chapter 10
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_10_burnett_128kb.mp3
Duration 13:31

Angela
Chapter 10 is PL OK :thumbs:

Thank you for this very fine reading, Angela :)
~Lynette * -
lleskk

Post by lleskk »

hi... i fixed the section 11 and 12!

section 11: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_11_burnett_128kb.mp3 [15:34]

section 12: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_12_burnett_128kb.mp3 [13:02]

and these are section 13, 14 and 15:

section 13: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_13_burnett_128kb.mp3 [14:42]

section 14: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_14_burnett_128kb.mp3 [14:08]

section 15: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_14_burnett_128kb.mp3 [11:43]

-----

There's this one segment on chapter 14 (i guess), that was a song (?)... And i don't know whether i should sing to it or just read it, but i tried to sing it :lol: . So apologies for the singing :lol: :lol: :lol:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Your files for 14 and 15 are both 14. Please post the file for 15.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood