Cori

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Cori

Post by Cori »

Evenin' all!

Sauntering in after my fellow-DPer, Vlooi ... yes, I should have signed up when I found y'all, some days ago ... but I thought I'd make sure she was properly hooked first :D

Because Children's Book Week has just passed, I thought it would be fabulous fun to make audio recordings of some of the olde stories, and selected Five Children and It. But then - on a quick google-search - it's being done already!

So, the somewhat less classic Story of the Candy Rabbit by Laura Lee Hope is getting my first test drive of reading to the world, and I'm hanging out here intending to swipe a chapter or two Real Soon Now, AND because I think the crossover potential between here and Distributed Proofreaders is huge. But ... that's another topic. And first I must make tea.

Anyone want one..?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
kayray

Post by kayray »

Welcome, Cori! Feel free to jump right in a claim a chapter of something, or try our Weekly Poetry project.

Happy reading!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Vlooi

Post by Vlooi »

YaYaYaYaYaY!

Hello Cori!

SO nice to see you here! :wink:
Cori

Post by Cori »

Heya Vlooi!

Laughing at me dragging over my taglines and flags - and your with your self-portrait! It *is* such a lot like 'home' though :)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Vlooi

Post by Vlooi »

Cori wrote:Heya Vlooi!

Laughing at me dragging over my taglines and flags - and your with your self-portrait! It *is* such a lot like 'home' though :)
The self portrait, just in case anyone was wondering, is the cute little picture now appearing as my signature and the real "Vlooi" (translates as Flea).

For our other readers ... Cori is QUITE the Chatterbox ... she must fairly be itching at not having many posts yet.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oi!

Chatterbox ... hmmph! Just because I celebrated my 1000th post across the way in a PHPBB forum something like this one ...

:lol: well, as long as I chatter into a microphone, no-one here'll mind, eh!
Vlooi

Post by Vlooi »

Cori wrote: :lol: well, as long as I chatter into a microphone, no-one here'll mind, eh!
<sound of earplugs being taken out> That's OK Cori, You chatter as much as you want, wherever you want to, I certainly don't mind.<sound of earplugs being replaced> :wink: