[Complete] Kit and Kitty by R.D. Blackmore -lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Kit and Kitty by Richard Doddridge Blackmore (1825 - 1900).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/kit-and-kitty-by-richard-doddridge-blackmore/

Kit Orchardson, an apprentice produce grower in Sunbury, England describes for us a time in his youth in which he fell in love with Kitty, a young lady of higher status, endeavored to secure her love and ventured to solve her mysterious disappearance shortly after they were joined in marriage. Through Kit's perspective, we get a wonderful view of life in 1860 England where people's attitudes were maneuvering between their societal status and their character.
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/49520
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Richard Doddridge Blackmore) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._D._Blackmore
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 66
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
  • Original publication date (if known): 1890
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: General Fiction/Published 1800 -1900; Romance

Keywords that describe the book: Romance, Mystery, Suspense, Britain,

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of Kit and Kitty. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Kit and Kitty, by Richard Doddridge Blackmore. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of Kit and Kitty by Richard Doddridge Blackmore. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Kit and Kitty, by Richard Doddridge Blackmore. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename kitandkitty_##_blackmore_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. kitandkitty_01_blackmore_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Richard Doddridge Blackmore
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: Kit and Kitty

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Last edited by Keratak on May 10th, 2020, 1:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

DPL here :wink:

Looking forward to another Blackmore story!
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Woohoo! Glad to have you aboard! :clap:
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Happy for the team to be together again!

Edit: All set. Let me know if you need anything else.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

:birthday: :clap:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Moved to Going Solo.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 1 is ready for PL.
These are much shorter chapters than the last book, at least to start.
I'm going for a little higher-pitched youthful voice for Kit, which will also be the narrator, so let me know if I fade off of it too badly.

Please say hi to me or something so I can get this thread up in my Notifications. The Lion's brood had such an exchange, that it pushed this thread down, and I have to search for it now.

Thanks!
Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Keratak wrote: March 14th, 2020, 2:36 pm Ch 1 is ready for PL.
These are much shorter chapters than the last book, at least to start.
I'm going for a little higher-pitched youthful voice for Kit, which will also be the narrator, so let me know if I fade off of it too badly.

Please say hi to me or something so I can get this thread up in my Notifications. The Lion's brood had such an exchange, that it pushed this thread down, and I have to search for it now.

Thanks!
Keith
Sounds good! Looking forward to starting on this project soon. :)
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I put up Ch 3 today...twice.
The volume was a little loud. I guess I got arrogant and didn't run the checker until later. :(
What I don't understand is how I can run the same plug-ins with the same settings and get different results.

More to learn, I suppose.

Enjoy!
Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

I enjoyed all 5! :D PL OK :thumbs:
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 6 and 7 are now up for your listening enjoyment.
Are you stuck at home?
They still are expecting us to go to work. All I keep thinking of is the recording I could be getting done!
I hope all is well with you and yours.

Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Chapter 6 is PL OK - listened earlier but didn't get around to posting.

Somewhat stuck at home... I still have runs to make here and there locally, but my trip out of the country got canceled.
We feel fairly safe from the virus, as it made a pass through here during Dec and Jan. (Although nobody had tests to prove that's what they had.) A few of us are dealing with sinus issues/ head cold, but that's to be expected this time of year.
Are you all well?
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Yes, as far as we know, the same as you. If we've had it we couldn't prove it.
It seems the pandemonium is the greater worry.
I think of myself as faithful, then I see my mind running away with thoughts and worries.
It doesn't help to miss a lot of services due to illness and rumors of illness. Thankfully we live in a time in which we can communicate. some of our congregation got on a group chat for singing and praying. I was busy with other things, but I imagine it was a rewarding time.

In what area are you?

Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sounds like me. :)

Group chat seems like a good idea! I don’t think our congregation has come up with a plan yet for Sunday. They’ve been feeling it out as we go. Last Sunday we still had regular services. Either the group size regulations weren’t through yet, or we were simply not informed.

I’m from Indiana.
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Chapter 7 is PL OK - You're setting a good record! :thumbs:

Is your job situation still holding steady? In our area, the regulations seem to be modified almost daily... But the last while we've been so busy that it's nice having evening activities and weekend plans canceled!
~Rosebud