COMPLETE [HISTORY] The Red Reign: The True Story of an Adventurous Year in Russia, by Kellogg Durland-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: March 12th, 2020, 3:39 pm Section 1 is up now, though. :wink:
Okay. I've got Chapter 1 (for tomorrow.)
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

If you are still looking for a PL , I'd be glad to sign on. I'm PL for a project that is about finished and can use another.

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

aniroo wrote: March 13th, 2020, 7:25 am If you are still looking for a PL , I'd be glad to sign on. I'm PL for a project that is about finished and can use another.

aniroo
Thank you for the offer, aniroo! We are set here right now, though. I'm doing DPL, just needed someone to proof the sections I put up, and Kevin grabbed that one yesterday.

There are a couple of projects in the Launchpad that are looking for DPLs - maybe one appeals to you?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: March 12th, 2020, 3:39 pm Section 1 is up now...
PL OK! Great work.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Kevin!

I need to find a great resource for learning how to pronounce Russian, Polish, Armenian names. Right now, I try to find something helpful online, and then try to make my fake sound smooth, if not correct. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And French. . . is just hopeless. :D
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, Rita! Sections 6 and 7 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: March 11th, 2020, 4:05 pm Here is section 8 (24:28):

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/redreign_06_durland_128kb.mp3
Most excellent. Thanks, Ciufi! Section 8 is PL OK. :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
PatrickLondon

Post by PatrickLondon »

Please may I claim Chapter IX (sections 12 and 13)?

I might also have a crack at Appendices C and D (sections 38 and 39) if nobody else wants them.
"Too literate to be spam" - another forum moderator on one of my posts! | http://www.autolycus-london.blogspot.com
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Absolutely - thank you! I'll go ahead and put you down for the Appendices, just let me know if you change your mind and want to release them.
~Lynette * -
VanessaHugh123

Post by VanessaHugh123 »

can you give me chapter 10 to record?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

VanessaHugh123 wrote: March 16th, 2020, 10:34 pm can you give me chapter 10 to record?
Hi, Vanessa!

I am reserving section 14 (chapter X) for you, but before you do that recording, you will need to do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board. It is meant solely to make sure your system is set up properly before you do all the work of recording a full chapter. It would be a royal PAIN to have to re-do a whole chapter if something wasn't as it needs to be!

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :) Glad to have you with us!

P.S. - I will need to know what name you want us to use when we make your Reader Page for the Catalog (the name people will see when they are looking at audiobooks), and if you have a URL for a personal web page that you want linked on your Reader Page.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

I'd like to claim section 15, please.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yay :) It's yours!
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

LCaulkins wrote: March 13th, 2020, 10:48 am Thanks, Kevin!

I need to find a great resource for learning how to pronounce Russian, Polish, Armenian names. Right now, I try to find something helpful online, and then try to make my fake sound smooth, if not correct. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And French. . . is just hopeless. :D
I just got a tip that the Google translate app pronounces these languages well. Translate the name from English to the language. Hard to judge, but I checked it using Italian and they sounded like native speakers. Wish I had known this prior to doing that chapter on Serbia in the Elsie Inglis project!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

That's good to know - I was wondering if it was accurate or not
~Lynette * -