Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mbm0rxi

Post by mbm0rxi »

how about section 8 please....
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Super :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

Hello!

New to LibriVox :)

I'd like to claim Chapters 7 & 9, please.

Thanks!
Valentina
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

vvocelli wrote: March 10th, 2020, 6:26 pm Hello!

New to LibriVox :)

I'd like to claim Chapters 7 & 9, please.

Thanks!
Valentina
Hi, Valentina :)

Welcome, and we're glad to have you! I'll need to set up your Catalog Reader Page for you before it will let me assign the sections to you (though I'll reserve them).

What name do you want used for that? It will be what the public sees when they look up books. Different folks use their real name, or their forum name (the one you're using here), or a made up pseudonym. Just let me know what you want. :)

Also, if you have a personal website that you'd like linked, we can put the URL on it.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

Thanks for your response! You can use Valentina Vocelli. Thanks!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

vvocelli wrote: March 11th, 2020, 1:19 am Thanks for your response! You can use Valentina Vocelli. Thanks!
You're all set! Here is your Catalog Reader Page: Valentina Vocelli

It will list all the books you work on, and has a link to a listing if all the sections you are signed up for.

Have fun! And thank you for helping with this project. :)
~Lynette * -
DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

DavidYoung wrote: March 13th, 2020, 8:28 am Chapter 6 is ready for checking.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rufus_06_alger,jr_128kb.mp3
Thank you! It's loaded in the MW for the PL :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

mbm0rxi wrote: March 7th, 2020, 5:35 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rufus_04_alger,jr_128kb.mp3

section 4 at 10:34
Hi there :) I picked this one up for our PL - Section 4 is PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks so much!
~Lynette * -
SamhitaM26

Post by SamhitaM26 »

could i please do section/chapter number 10?
thank you
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

SamhitaM26 wrote: March 13th, 2020, 10:58 am could i please do section/chapter number 10?
thank you
Yes, absolutely! I will reserve the section for you. Two things first:

1 - I'll need to know what name you want for your Catalog Reader page - this is the name the public will see on the audiobooks. Some folks use their real name, or their forum name (the one you've posted with), or a different made-up name. Just tell me what you want used, and I'll initiate your reader page. (Also, if you have a personal website, we can put your URL on it)

2 - Before you do the recording for this section, you will need to do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board.

It's not really a test, but is meant solely to make sure your system is set up properly before you do all the work of recording a full chapter. It would be a royal PAIN to have to re-do a whole chapter if something wasn't as it needs to be!

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: [url="https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Audacity_1-2-3]Audacity 1-2-3[/url]

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :) Glad to have you with us!
~Lynette * -
TaylorRoark

Post by TaylorRoark »

I'll take Chapter 12. Thanks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Terrific! :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TaylorRoark wrote: March 13th, 2020, 1:04 pm I'll take Chapter 12. Thanks
Hey there :) I'll need to activate your Catalog Reader page - what name would you like used for that? (some folks use their real name, others use their forum name or a psuedonym). This is the name the public will see when they look at audiobooks.

And if you have a personal website, we can put the URL on it, too.
~Lynette * -
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Greetings,
Might I claim Section 14, Chapter XIV - How Rufus Succeeded in Business?
Tommy Hersant
Blackboards are truly remarkable!