COMPLETE(Science Fiction)-Unveiling a Parallel by Jones and Merchant-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Unveiling a Parallel by Alice Ilgenfritz Jones (1846–1906) and Ella Robinson Merchant (1857–1916)

In this work of Utopian science fiction from the Victorian era written by Two Women of the West, a moniker for Alice Ilgenfritz Jones and Ella Marchant, a man travels to Mars to discover an Utopian world which is parallel to the Earth in some ways, but strikingly different in some. The freedom of women is not of this world. It is especially intriguing coming from the imagination of these two American women in the 19th Century.(Summary by Amy Gramour)

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/unveiling-a-parallel-by-alice-ilgenfritz-jones/

• Abandoned Solo
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): [/b] http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/42816
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
    6. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      START of recording (Intro):
      • "Chapter [number] of Unveiling a Parallel. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Unveiling a Parallel by Alice Ilgenfritz Jones and Ella Robinson Merchant[Chapter]"

END of recording:
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Unveiling a Parallel by Alice Ilgenfritz Jones and Ella Robinson Merchant."

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
    7. Example filename unveilingparallel_##_jones_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. unveilingparallel_01_jones_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
      Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

May I DPL?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Most certainly. Welcome aboard, Rapunzelina! :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
CMarvin78

Post by CMarvin78 »

Is it possible I could do this one solo? Still fairly new, so not sure how long I have to wait before asking for a solo one, but this one is one I would sure love to read aloud :D

Currently waiting on approval of my section for "Toadstools and Mushrooms (Third Edition), by Worthington George Smith", but no other projects chosen yet, so have plenty of time to devote to this one.

Thanks for considering me!
"The scariest moment is always just before you start." --Stephen King
-----
CMarvin78
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
Yes, I can change this into a Solo project since no one else has recorded or claimed any sections yet. I'll PM you and move this to Going Solo.
Cheers,
-Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Carla,
I sent you a PM about the magic window.
Let me know if you need anything. Have fun!
Thanks,
Amy
CMarvin78

Post by CMarvin78 »

alg1001 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 8:19 pm Carla,
I sent you a PM about the magic window.
Let me know if you need anything. Have fun!
Thanks,
Amy
Amy,
Thanks so much. I got the PM and responded to you there as well. I will get started on the recordings tomorrow :)
-----
CMarvin78
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Wonderful.
Have a good night! :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Carla,
Let me know if you would rather read for this with the group instead of solo and I will move it back.
Thanks,
Amy
CMarvin78

Post by CMarvin78 »

Chapter 1 is uploaded ! https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unveilingparallel_01_jones_128kb.mp3
Length: 30:1.61

I apologize for the lengthy delay... I have been fighting illness along with some major life interruptions. The rest of the project will come much quicker. Thank you for your patience!!!
-----
CMarvin78
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I am glad you can work on it. When RL intervenes, all this needs is a monthly check in post so we know you are still committed to it.
Have a good night!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Lovely reading, Carla! :9:

I have a few PL notes, that I would deem optional because they're minor, but here goes:

I would expect the recording to begin "Chapter 1 of [...]" as per first post instructions.
At around 1:19 there is a unobtrusive sniff, but could be edited out.
At 10:42 a slight stumble-repeat on the word "surpassingly".
CMarvin78

Post by CMarvin78 »

Ahhh, I did say Chapter 1, but it was about 35 seconds in, lol ! I wasn't sure if I was supposed to say it at the beginning of the recording, since it's the first chapter :)
I fixed the rest, and uploaded it again; I should be uploading Chapter 2 sometime today as well. I apologize for the lengthy delay again, I have had another issue with my darn throat being raspy...should be all settled now!

Glad you enjoyed Chapter 1 ! :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unveilingparallel_01_jones_128kb.mp3
Rapunzelina wrote: March 14th, 2020, 3:29 pm Lovely reading, Carla! :9:

I have a few PL notes, that I would deem optional because they're minor, but here goes:

I would expect the recording to begin "Chapter 1 of [...]" as per first post instructions.
At around 1:19 there is a unobtrusive sniff, but could be edited out.
At 10:42 a slight stumble-repeat on the word "surpassingly".
-----
CMarvin78
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Edits were spot-checked and MW updated with PL OK!
Looking forward to chapter 2! :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I was cleaning up my uploader folder and just now realized that these files were uploaded in my folder; I have now moved them to Amy's folder, who is the MC, so the link is https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/unveilingparallel_01_jones_128kb.mp3
and I have updated the Magic Window with the new link.
Sorry for the confusion!