COMPLETE Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Jack Chapters 23 and 24 are PL OK! :thumbs:
benderca

Post by benderca »

Twinkle88 wrote: March 11th, 2020, 5:18 pm
benderca wrote: March 11th, 2020, 4:55 pm Jasmin and I request another extension, pretty please. :D
You got it!
Thanks!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL notes for Jack:

Chapter 21:
- Missing word @ 1:29: "No end of fun up at the hotel, and every one seems glad to see us."
- Misread word @ 1:25: "Two ladies asked about Jill, and one of the girls has got some shells all ready for her, Gerty Somebody, and her mother is so pretty and jolly, I like her ever so much." (Sounds like "shelves.")
- Misread word @ 2:28: "Put her cushions and things there on the sand the children have thrown in—that will make it soft; then these seats will do for tables; and up in the bow I'm going to have that old rusty tin boiler full of salt-water, so she can put seaweed and crabs and all sorts of chaps in it for an aquarium, you know."

Chapter 22:
- Misread word @ 0:14: "“Wish they could be here to-day to see the fun,”
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Elijah, I'm going to put your PL notes in one single post, so they're easier to find:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL notes for Jack:

Chapter 2:
- Misread lines @ 0:41: "That was good of old Joe. I wouldn't lend him 'Thunderbolt' for fear he'd hurt it. Couldn't have smashed it up better than I did, could he? Don't think I want any pieces to remind me of that fall. I just wish you'd seen us, mother! It must have been a splendid spill to look at, any way."

Chapter 3:
- Misread line @ 2:39: "I can't look out to see him do it."
- Loud plosives @ 6:50: "Pooh!"

Chapter 6:
- Misread words @ 1:33: "Yes, and we are going to keep her in this pretty cage till we can both fly off together. I say, Jill, where shall we be in our classes when we do get back?"
- Extra "oh"s @ 5:54: "Caesar, how it did hurt!"
- The song @ 6:50 is unusable because your version is much slower than the sing-along version linked in the text. For this song, everyone must wear headphones and listen to the sing-along audio while recording their own version, so that we all have a similar timing.
- Misread lines @ 8:11: "All right. Jack." (This part needs to be read as statement and a sign-off rather than a question -- "All right, Jack?" -- because it changes the meaning.)

Chapter 7:
- Audio glitch and pause @ 4:10: "Look here, you just trundle me into my den, please, I'm going to have a nap, it's so dull to-day I don't feel like doing much,"

Chapter 14:
- Misread word and repeat @ 0:10: "Don't squeeze the breath out of me, please."
- Mispronounced word @ 5:15: "Now, I guess I'll have a good report if you do tell Mr. Acton." Narrator's pronunciation here.
- Repeat @ 5:27: "There's one thing I like better, though I'd be very sorry to lose my report."

Chapter 15:
- Missing word @ 4:51: "And I'll teach you to swim, and roll you over the beach, and get sea-weed and shells, and no end of nice things, and we'll all come home as strong as lions." (Leaving the "you" out changes the meaning, as he's referring to pushing Jill around in a wheelchair, I believe.)

Chapter 20:
- The song @ 4:28 needs to be recorded with a similar timing to the sing-along version linked in the script. Next time, wear headphones and listen to the sing-along version while you record, singing along with it.

Chapter 21:
- Missing word @ 1:29: "No end of fun up at the hotel, and every one seems glad to see us."
- Misread word @ 1:25: "Two ladies asked about Jill, and one of the girls has got some shells all ready for her, Gerty Somebody, and her mother is so pretty and jolly, I like her ever so much." (Sounds like "shelves.")
- Misread word @ 2:28: "Put her cushions and things there on the sand the children have thrown in—that will make it soft; then these seats will do for tables; and up in the bow I'm going to have that old rusty tin boiler full of salt-water, so she can put seaweed and crabs and all sorts of chaps in it for an aquarium, you know."

Chapter 22:
- Misread word @ 0:14: "“Wish they could be here to-day to see the fun,”

Note: Remember to leave only 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines. Also, remember to export files at 128 kbps.
Last edited by Twinkle88 on March 19th, 2020, 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Twinkle88 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 7:26 am Elijah, I'm going to put your PL notes in one single post, so they're easier to find:
Thank you!
Seaquill

Post by Seaquill »

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: March 11th, 2020, 9:37 pm
Twinkle88 wrote: March 11th, 2020, 7:07 pm To make things bold in an MW, you put <b> and </b> around the text.
To make things highlighted in, for example, green, you put <font color="green"> and </font> around the text.
Oh cool, thank you for teaching me how. I've been wondering for probably 5 years now, just never asked
omg same!! thanks Twinkle! I had been using brackets, that's why it never worked! I'll have to play around with that. I was actually going to ask you, Twinkle, how to do it the next time I do a DR. LOL thanks :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

It can drive you a little batty, remembering when to use brackets, and when to use < > for the html in LibriVox :lol:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Mrs. Minot Chapters 9, 10, and 21 are PL OK! :thumbs:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Frank Chapter 18 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Since Molly Chapter 4 is all that's needed to compile the chapter, I'll go ahead and PL it.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Molly Chapter 4 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Chapter 4 is ready to edit! :clap: