[COMPLETE][History][Geography]World's Story 10: England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PatrS

Post by PatrS »

Hi, things didn't work out the way I was hoping this week as I had my cat fall ill. Could I get an extension on my part?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PatrS wrote: March 9th, 2020, 6:47 pm Hi, things didn't work out the way I was hoping this week as I had my cat fall ill. Could I get an extension on my part?
sure no worries. One month will be enough, I hope. (till 10 April)

All the best for your cat's health. Take care of her first.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

I'd like to read section 5. Thanks.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: March 10th, 2020, 9:56 amI'd like to read section 5. Thanks.
oh, thank you :) it's yours

Only one section left :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super, thank you, Jim. PL ok again. I have the impression it's more battlefield stories in this book than in all the previous ones. :?

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I had the same thought today! Great minds think alike. Thanks! Jim :D
BriannaChiles

Post by BriannaChiles »

May I have section 116?
Brianna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BriannaChiles wrote: March 12th, 2020, 1:11 pmMay I have section 116?
hello Brianna, and welcome to our forum :)

thank you for your interest in this project. Brave of you to tackle the Welsh lines included in this section. For the time being, I can reserve you this section for one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we warmly recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

I see you already claimed a few sections in other projects and got the same advice. This is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the sections officially. For that I would need to open a personal reader page for you, so please also tell me which reader name you want to go by. Can be the same as the forum name or your real name, or whatever.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so this means we are fully claimed right now and I move us over to Readers Found

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Third witch flying by, delivering her section:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_053_3rd_witch_tappan_128kb.mp3

;)

checker nagged that the file is too low in volume, but replay gain was happy, so I left it, as the snippets will be edited anyway.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: March 12th, 2020, 2:09 pmThird witch flying by, delivering her section:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_053_3rd_witch_tappan_128kb.mp3
checker nagged that the file is too low in volume, but replay gain was happy, so I left it, as the snippets will be edited anyway.
yes I think the volume is a bit low apart from the group reading. But it's ok, I will amplify as needed later on in the editing stage.

The third witch sounds a little bit psychotic :lol: very well done, Monika, thank you so much. There is only one line missing:

> at about 0:15: (p. 236) missed line: "A drum, a drum ! Macbeth doth come."

The rest is excellent. Now I need to work on merging these three witches. I hope I manage not to make a mess of this. :?

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Kitty wrote: March 13th, 2020, 5:46 am > at about 0:15: (p. 236) missed line: "A drum, a drum ! Macbeth doth come."
Oh shoot! And no microphone here and in vacation :? I'll see how I fix that.

And, well, maybe I'll have to fix it soon, to keep the psychotic touch ;) I'll definitely have to look how I can record here.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hey Sonia,

Can I request a short extension for my remaining sections? Thank you. :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 15th, 2020, 1:19 pm Can I request a short extension for my remaining sections? Thank you. :)
of course, thank you for letting me know. You'll get one more month (till 16 April), I hope that is enough. By then we will hopefully be at the end of the project and into the new one :9:

Sonia