COMPLETE[PLAY]The Conscious Lovers by Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here she is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_lucinda_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_lucinda_5_128kb.mp3

EDIT: I gave you a little grunt of rage as I exit in act 3, which you are free to use or dispose of. Also, there is an ALL line in act 5 ("Mr. Myrtle!") which I did not join in on, as Lucinda already knows who he is and so would not be surprised.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: January 30th, 2020, 8:23 pmEDIT: I gave you a little grunt of rage as I exit in act 3, which you are free to use or dispose of. Also, there is an ALL line in act 5 ("Mr. Myrtle!") which I did not join in on, as Lucinda already knows who he is and so would not be surprised.
yes I agree, she wouldn't be included in this group speech. :thumbs: Everything perfect, Devorah. I especially love the many outraged asides you are doing in the dialogue with your coxcomb :lol: She has some fire in her, which mum couldn't suppress ;)

Thank you ! Both PL ok.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Cimberton act 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_cimberton_3.mp3

Not sure I have the right characterisation for this. I feel he should be more foppish and effete but I don't think I could do that. We could always let someone else have a go.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:46 amCimberton act 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_cimberton_3.mp3
Not sure I have the right characterisation for this. I feel he should be more foppish and effete but I don't think I could do that. We could always let someone else have a go.
first of all, there is no right or wrong characterization in drama. Give any role to 5 different actors and you will end up with 5 different characters, and I am sure they would all be good and believable in a way.

I think you played him very well. No need to be effete, the things this guy is tossing out about the woman's body and role in life will sound shocking, regardless what emotion you will bring into play here :lol: I think the way you did it was extremely accurate. A bit of a conceited, self-loving, pompous fop. :thumbs: Loved it.

PL ok, thank you :)

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cimberton brought nicely to a close. You sound a bit lecherous in some sentences :lol: probably very fitting to the character :thumbs: Thanks, Alan, this is PL ok

Only the volume was slightly under 86 dB, but I'll make a note of it for Todd.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: February 21st, 2020, 10:34 am Phillis, Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/consciouslovers_phillis_1_128kb.mp3
a great start into this character, TJ :clap: Phillis is quite dramatic and not at all at a loss for words :lol: I can already imagine the dialogue with Tomas, it will be great.

Only one small note to change:

> at 0:10: "is Mrs. Sugar-key at home?" - you say "mister" (wrong gender ;) )

the rest is perfect, thanks !

Sonia
KathrynP

Post by KathrynP »

I would love to jump in and claim sections 1 and 2 for Isabella...my first DR role!

Thank you,
Kathryn
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

KathrynP wrote: February 27th, 2020, 5:31 pm I would love to jump in and claim sections 1 and 2 for Isabella...my first DR role!

Thank you,
Kathryn
Here is a short summary for the important special rules in drama:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which should be something like: "Iphicrate, prince in love with Eriphyle, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 2-3 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Orphaned some roles.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: February 21st, 2020, 10:48 am
benderca wrote: February 21st, 2020, 10:34 am Phillis, Act 1:
a great start into this character, TJ :clap: Phillis is quite dramatic and not at all at a loss for words :lol: I can already imagine the dialogue with Tomas, it will be great.

Only one small note to change:

> at 0:10: "is Mrs. Sugar-key at home?" - you say "mister" (wrong gender ;) )

the rest is perfect, thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia!

Here's Phillis, Act 1, with the corrected line:

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd