(Complete) What Happened Then Stories by Ruth O. Dyer - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

What Happened Then Stories by Ruth O. Dyer ( - ).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/what-happened-then-stories-by-ruth-o-dyer/
Have you ever wondered what happens after the story ended? Ruth O. Dyer answers that question using some of the best loved children stories. Children and adults alike will have their curiosity satisfied by discovering just what happened after the story said "the end". ( Jenn Broda)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/whathappenedthen00dyer
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of What Happened Then Stories. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "What Happened Then Stories, by Ruth O. Dyer. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of What Happened Then Stories by Ruth O. Dyer. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of What Happened Then Stories, by Ruth O. Dyer. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename whathappenedthen_##_dyer_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. whathappenedthen_01_dyer_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: m8b1
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Jenn,

I'll MC for you ~ the MW is up!

We'll stay here for a bit to see if we can snag a DPL. :-)

Have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
BillTurns

Post by BillTurns »

Jenn, you have a wonderful voice. It would be a pleasure to be the DPL for this project.

~Bill
Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.
~Benjamin Franklin
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

m8b1 wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 2:45 pm Hi Jenn,

I'll MC for you ~ the MW is up!

We'll stay here for a bit to see if we can snag a DPL. :-)

Have fun!
Great! Thanks so much! I must have entered the amount of sections wrong, is it possible to add one more? Sorry about that :oops:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

BillTurns wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 2:59 pm Jenn, you have a wonderful voice. It would be a pleasure to be the DPL for this project.

~Bill
Thank you very much, Bill! I would be happy to have you as the DPL!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

jennlea wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 3:26 pm Great! Thanks so much! I must have entered the amount of sections wrong, is it possible to add one more? Sorry about that :oops:
No problem ~ section added! You can actually add sections yourself if you need to. Hit the "Add New Section" button at the top left, then add yourself as reader, and hit "Add". (It is the deleting sections part you can't do. :-))

Bill has been added as DPL.

I suppose we will move on over to Going Solo!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

I have put the Introduction into the MW and marked it Ready for PL.

After the Introduction there is a cute little poem. I went ahead and included it in this section instead of putting it in a separate section since both the intro and poem were short. I hope that was OK. I also added the name of the poem to the MW in section 00. Does that make the title of that section too long?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
BillTurns

Post by BillTurns »

With the short chapters in the book I am prepping to add to the repository, I have contemplated putting more than one chapter in a file, even to the point of wondering how long the book in whole will be and why not just have one file (limit is 40 minutes right?)...

I've not seen a strict requirement for breaking the books up by chapter breaks, seems to be recommended, and some chapters are broken up as they are lengthy, combining short sections does not seem unreasonable.

Your intro is good and passes without issues from my perspective.

Stay Awesome!

~Bill
~Benjamin Franklin
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

jennlea wrote: March 4th, 2020, 6:40 am I have put the Introduction into the MW and marked it Ready for PL.

After the Introduction there is a cute little poem. I went ahead and included it in this section instead of putting it in a separate section since both the intro and poem were short. I hope that was OK. I also added the name of the poem to the MW in section 00. Does that make the title of that section too long?
Hi Jenn,

The title is just fine ~ no worries! And I think combining the intro and poem is a smart decision. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapter 1 is now in the MW and ready for PL

It may be a week or so before I can get to another chapter...it's the end of a quarter at work and I need to catch up on grading and planning for the next quarter!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
BillTurns

Post by BillTurns »

jennlea wrote: March 5th, 2020, 7:14 am Chapter 1 is now in the MW and ready for PL

It may be a week or so before I can get to another chapter...it's the end of a quarter at work and I need to catch up on grading and planning for the next quarter!
The PL for the first chapter is complete: PL OK

Not to worry about your absence. I'll still be around and will continue to PL as you upload.

Good vibes!

~Bill
~Benjamin Franklin
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Quick update:
Hoping to get some recording done soon. Work got crazy with a teacher quitting and I was asked to pick up one of her classes. Now with schools being closed here, we are scrambling to figure out how to teach our students while they are at home.

Anywho, will move forward on this project as soon as I can!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
BillTurns

Post by BillTurns »

jennlea wrote: March 13th, 2020, 3:05 am Quick update:
Hoping to get some recording done soon. Work got crazy with a teacher quitting and I was asked to pick up one of her classes. Now with schools being closed here, we are scrambling to figure out how to teach our students while they are at home.

Anywho, will move forward on this project as soon as I can!
I fully understand, I work as a Server Administrator for Oklahoma State University... they put out yesterday that students will not be coming to classes after spring break until April 5th, and will be doing their stuff online... I was handed a packet this morning with guidance for working from home. The impact is spreading, and precautions are being taken. Don't stress too much about it, we are better equipped to handle the spread of sickness here in the US than many other places. Not to mention the boatload of money being poured into finding solutions for this thing by the US and now Australia. An answer will be found soon... time to start buying stock... the market rebound will be sweet!

~Bill
~Benjamin Franklin
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

So...I'm not sure if there is a correct practice for slight mistakes in a book.

At the beginning of Chapter 2, Chicken Little is a "she" and at the end she is now a "he"! Do I just read exactly what the author put even though a gender change seemed to happen or do I correct it in my reading and use the pronoun from the beginning of the story to keep it consistent?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapter 2 is in the magic window!

I went head and changed Chicken Little to a she in the last part of the chapter since she was referred to as female several times earlier in the chapter. If it'd be better to read exactly as the text says, I can certainly edit my reading for that sentence.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings