COMPLETE [SHORT STORIES] Stories and Pictures by I. L. Peretz; translated by Helena Frank (1872-1954 - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ldear

Post by Ldear »

I guess I am confused just a bit on the name. what do most readers do? my name is Linda (lol-like yours!) Dearman. my email is ldear971@gmail.com and my forum name or login (I think) is Ldear. so any advice you have would be welcome! I often go by Linda D as well...... :D
thanks so much.
Linda D
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ldear wrote: February 24th, 2020, 9:03 am I guess I am confused just a bit on the name. what do most readers do? my name is Linda (lol-like yours!) Dearman. my email is ldear971@gmail.com and my forum name or login (I think) is Ldear. so any advice you have would be welcome! I often go by Linda D as well...... :D
thanks so much.
Linda D
Hi Linda - well my forum name is lmnei and my display name is my name Lynda Marie Neilson. Others just use their first name and letter of their last name line Lynda N. It is what you feel comfortable with. I guess the best way to decide is what are you going to say when you read this sentence -
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
For example, I say Recording by Lynda Marie Neilson, Vancouver, BC. And you would say? What the answer to the [your name] is I will put in as what you want to have displayed for the sections that you read :) I hope that helps.

Lynda
Ldear

Post by Ldear »

Okay Lynda. Thank you for the advice. I will go with Linda Dearman. If there are any other questions, just let me know!

Regards,
Linda D
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ldear wrote: February 24th, 2020, 12:20 pm Okay Lynda. Thank you for the advice. I will go with Linda Dearman. If there are any other questions, just let me know!

Regards,
Linda D
Hi again Linda!

You are now ready to go and record! Your reader page is here https://librivox.org/reader/13930 This page lists all the books and their sections assigned to you. It also shows what stage they are at - such as Assigned, Ready for PL, See PL Notes, Spot Check and PL OK. When you have completed the recording please upload it under Mary Ann's name and post the link here along with the time in mm:ss. Then you can watch on your reader page as it moves through the review process!

Again welcome and looking forward to listening to your work!

Lynda
Ldear

Post by Ldear »

hello again Lynda.
forgive me, and chalk it up to my newness. I cannot find the script or text of the section I have volunteered to read. I have clicked on different links, but I am not sure what I might be doing wrong. Is there a link that leads me to just the section I have signed up to read or is the link for the entire book and I find the section I volunteered for?
Any clarification is appreciated. Thank you for your patience as I figure this all out!! :D
Regards.
Linda D
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ldear wrote: February 24th, 2020, 8:17 pm hello again Lynda.
forgive me, and chalk it up to my newness. I cannot find the script or text of the section I have volunteered to read. I have clicked on different links, but I am not sure what I might be doing wrong. Is there a link that leads me to just the section I have signed up to read or is the link for the entire book and I find the section I volunteered for?
Any clarification is appreciated. Thank you for your patience as I figure this all out!! :D
Regards.
Linda D
The link is for the book and then I would either go to the Table of Contents and see if there is a hyperlink to your section or I would search for some words in the title of your section name. The link is above the Magic Window (the grid) in number 4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37242

I hope that helps! Please let me know tomorrow if you need any more assistance as after that I am travelling for 4 days and might not be online very much.

Lynda
jentlevine

Post by jentlevine »

I'm sorry Lynda, I'm still interested in reading chapter 3 however I lost my voice about two weeks after I wrote last and it hasn't come back completely. I was going to write in for an extension this morning and saw that the chapter is still showing 'open'. looking back I think I failed to give you my preferred name for credit. Jen Teal Levine would be great if you could. Let me know if we're good. Thanks. Jen
jentlevine

Post by jentlevine »

I had a question about Section3, In the post chaise. This section has subsections, indicated with a line between sections of text. Is there a specific way to indicate when I move into a new subsection? It seems strange to just keep going without acknowledging this. Because it is a long piece, I had thought I would take literal breaks at those breaks (record it in pieces), and maybe leave a small pause? lmk what you'd advise. Thanks. Jen
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Jen -

You can still have Section 3 and yes I was waiting for your name.

I am just getting ready for my long flight to Delhi tonight and I will answer your questions either later today or tomorrow after I land, if that is okay.

Lynda
jentlevine

Post by jentlevine »

Thank you! No hurry. My voice is still not back to 100% I'm mostly curious on how to deal. Thanks. J
Ldear

Post by Ldear »

this is my recording for section 47 of Stories and Pictures.
It is my first time, so my fingers are crossed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/storiesandpictures_47_peretz_128kb.mp3

I will await a response.
thank you,
Linda Dearman
Ldear

Post by Ldear »

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Linda!

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. We travelled from Vancouver, BC to Perth, Australia over the last week (took us 4 days to avoid going through China) and then I ran into some internet issues so I have been tardy getting back online!

Your recording of Section 47 was great! There are no sound issues and the volume is right within the correct range.

I do have a couple of things for you to fix - have a go at them and let me know if you have any issues!

2:39 – please remove your saying of “119". We normally just say Footnote instead however they are not required in this recording please skip saying the numbers
3:35 – husband was cut off - please re-record the word or part of sentence.
5:36 – please remove “End of Stories and Pictures, by I. L. Peretz. Translated by Helena Frank ". That is only to be recorded after the “End of Section x, recorded by” when it is the last section of the book. Then leave the 5 seconds after the “recorded by”.

Then re-upload like you uploaded Section 47 before and let me know of the link and the new time please and I will spot check it!

Talk to you soon!

Lynda
Ldear

Post by Ldear »

Hi Lynda.
I can't tell if you are back home yet or still in Australia. Such a worriesome time for any kind of travel. I know we have a few things coming up and it's all up in the air at the moment.

As for my recording and your notes for corrections. I was able to remove the two items you said. I thought re-recording the word husband, at 3:35 would be much easier than it has proven for me because I am such a novice. I watched one (well at this point, MANY) of Phil's videos on how to do this or that. I watched the one where he addresses fixing something like re-recording a word or phrase. Maybe he made his video several years ago before the version of Audacity that I have, which is 2.3.3. Can you help me with a 'how to' to do something as simple as re-recording a word or phrase?
thank you so much and please, stay safe and healthy!
Sincerely,
Linda Dearman
Veni

Post by Veni »

May I request # 46 The Woman Mistress Hannah: A Packet of Letters 1: First Letter.

This would be my first recording, aside from the 1-minute test. I'd like to appear under my name, Veni. Thank you.