[COMPLETE] The Afghan Wars 1829-42 and 1878-80, Part 2, by Archibald Forbes - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Great! Moved to Readers Wanted...
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

KevinS wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 9:40 am Section 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/afghanwarspart2_01_forbes_128kb.mp3

39:11
Just one tiny edit needed - a clip of a word at the very end of the file after the ending silence.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: November 25th, 2019, 11:02 am
KevinS wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 9:40 am Section 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/afghanwarspart2_01_forbes_128kb.mp3

39:11
Just one tiny edit needed - a clip of a word at the very end of the file after the ending silence.
Wow, Easy fix. I expected much worse! Haha.
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Scott
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

SCaulkins wrote: November 29th, 2019, 6:23 pm Here's section 8:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/afghanwarspart2_08_forbes_128kb.mp3 (26:26)
Section 8 OL OK! Great job!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: November 25th, 2019, 11:02 am
KevinS wrote: December 9th, 2019, 2:49 pm
SCaulkins wrote: November 29th, 2019, 6:23 pm Here's section 8:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/afghanwarspart2_08_forbes_128kb.mp3 (26:26)
Section 8 OL OK! Great job!
Bump.
JohanSupertramp

Post by JohanSupertramp »

I'll take on section 2.
Johan S.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JohanSupertramp wrote: February 1st, 2020, 9:04 am I'll take on section 2.
Johan S.
Thank you! :) I will reserve the section for you.

You'll need to do the 1-minute test before you do your section recordings. Its sole purpose is to make sure your recording specs are set properly, and there's no problem with your sound/volume. You'll want those worked out properly before you do the work of a full chapter.

Here's where you can find the directions for that. Let me know if you have questions, because even I can get a little mixed around looking for things in the forum and wiki. :)

Link to 1-Minute Test

Also, when you've got that cleared, I will need to know what name you want to go by in the public Catalog (can be your forum name or anything else you want). And if you have a Web site you'd like listed on your Reader page, include that URL with your Catalog name.
Last edited by LCaulkins on February 2nd, 2020, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Yalda

Post by Yalda »

Hi,
I would like to read Chapter V - On the Defensive in Sherpur (section 6).

Yalda
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yalda wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 6:27 am Hi,

Yalda
Thank you, Yalda!

I will need to make your Catalog Reader Page for the MW to let me assign the chapter to you. (I see you are all ready to go, having finished the 1-Minute test.)

What name would you like to have in the public Catalog? (The one people see when they up LibriVox books on the Internet. It can be your forum name, Yalda, or anything else you want.)

Also, if you have Web site you would like to be linked on your Reader page, tell us the URL, and we can put it on there for you. :)
~Lynette * -
Yalda

Post by Yalda »

LCaulkins wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 9:44 am
Yalda wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 6:27 am Hi,

Yalda
Thank you, Yalda!

I will need to make your Catalog Reader Page for the MW to let me assign the chapter to you. (I see you are all ready to go, having finished the 1-Minute test.)

What name would you like to have in the public Catalog? (The one people see when they up LibriVox books on the Internet. It can be your forum name, Yalda, or anything else you want.)

Also, if you have Web site you would like to be linked on your Reader page, tell us the URL, and we can put it on there for you. :)

Lynette, please use my forum name and no, I don´t have any websites. Thank you :D
JohanSupertramp

1-minute test is uploaded to the forum. Johan Supertramp is fine. Let me know what else I'm missing. Thanks!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JohanSupertramp wrote: February 5th, 2020, 12:05 pm 1-minute test is uploaded to the forum. Johan Supertramp is fine. Let me know what else I'm missing. Thanks!
Thanks, Johan,

I answered your test post - there's only one required change on specs, and a suggested note about plosives.

I apologize for putting an extra n on your name there. I won't mess it up when I initiate your Catalog page. :)

EDIT: Section 2 is all yours, and here is your Reader page in the public Catalog: Johan Supertramp
~Lynette * -
JohanSupertramp

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/afghanwarspart2_02_forbes_128kb.mp3
Section 2
I'm unable to download the MP3Gain tool to help with my volume, due to the version of iOS on my Macbook. If you wouldn't mind fixing that for me, I would appreciate it. :D
JohanSupertramp

Oops!
36:04