An tool for brief passages in other languages

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

Hi,

In the past I've had to seek help for even quite brief passages in other languages. In one of my solos there's a single sentence by another reader, for example, because the line was in Greek characters and I couldn't understand it.

There's a newish feature on Google Translate, though, that reads the text to you. For example in my current solo I have a paragraph in French. I can parrot the mechanical pronunciation well enough, sentence by sentence, rather than fishing about for a co-reader and splicing their work in.

The listen tool is the speaker icon on the detected language side.
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Timothy Ferguson wrote: February 16th, 2020, 7:08 am Hi,

In the past I've had to seek help for even quite brief passages in other languages. In one of my solos there's a single sentence by another reader, for example, because the line was in Greek characters and I couldn't understand it.

There's a newish feature on Google Translate, though, that reads the text to you. For example in my current solo I have a paragraph in French. I can parrot the mechanical pronunciation well enough, sentence by sentence, rather than fishing about for a co-reader and splicing their work in.

The listen tool is the speaker icon on the detected language side.
Thanks!

Barbara