'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkilmer (Richard Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of The Forgotten Planet:
I love this reading, thank you for making this one! Please thank the person who read it for me! Thanks!

All of Richard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for unreadpages (Peter Tucker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your readings. It is much appreciated....

Stuart

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ralph (Ralph Snelson), sjmarky (Mark Nelson) and lucylou40 (Lucy Lo Faro) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you. I'm 33 years old now and my grandfather just passed away . And to be able to listen to some of the readers on your site help with it He used to read stories to me as a child like the land that time forgot it at the earth core or lost continent . So to be able to listen to some of them it's like he's still here so again thank you and I wish you and you readers the best

All of Ralph's recordings!
All of Mark's recordings!
All of Lucy's recordings
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
My son and I wish to thank Mark Smith for his wonderful job but reading Pinocchio. We were listening to a Podcast which made reference to this classic story and turned to Librivox to try to find the full version. Not Only did we find this, but we were very pleased to have found Mark Smith, the reader, who did an extraordinary job of making this book come alive. We quickly consumed this book with delight over the next several car trips. Not only is Pinocchio very entertaining and engaging story, but the timing was perfect for my son at this time, as a teenage boy in a world of distractions. Proof that classics remain eminently and timelessly relevant.

As our next book, my son picked the Call of the Wild. You can imagine our excitement when we discovered that mark Smith was also a reader for this classic. We can't wait to get started!

Thanks Mark!
Steven and Thomas
Janesville WI
and...
I just wanted to say thank you to the above reader.

I'm listening to a few of his solo books and really enjoy listening to his voice.

I read the forums sometimes but I am not registered and saw the link to send thanks by email.

Kate
and...
I just wanted to express my extreme gratitude for your readings. My son, Connor, is 9 years old and has devoured your recordings of Robinson Crusoe and Kidnapped this year. These were books we struggled with reading together and you read them so nicely and with excitement! I am also no good at accents even though I'm from South Carolina too :). We homeschool and every time we come to a book he asks to see if you've recorded it first. Thank you for sharing your gift with us. You are greatly appreciated.

Samantha
Clover, SC

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Great Plains (Great Plains) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear LibreVox & Great Plains

Thank you so much for your superb rendering of Walpole's Castle of Otranto. I particularly enjoyed your dialogue characterisations and your speed of reading and depth of feeling without that feeling being intrusive was just right. I will be looking for your other works and look forward to hearing you read again.

Kind regards,
Tracy

All of Great Plains' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dave7 (dave7) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

Just wanted to thank you Dave7 sincerely. I thoroughly enjoyed your reading of Christian Patience. https://librivox.org/christian-patience-the-strength-and-discipline-of-the-soul-by-william-bernard-ullathorne/ You were very methodical with a pleasant pace to your reading of the book.

And today, I see that you have many more titles you have read! Looking forward to hearing them. Thank you for all your work.

-Steve

All of dave7's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for EvaK (Eva K.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/anna-karenina-deutsch-by-leo-tolstoy/

Liebe Eva K.,

ich bin mitten in Ihrem Anna Karenina Hörbuch und ich bin grade so überwältigt und möchte mich unbedingt bei Ihnen bedanken - wobei ich gar nicht weiß, ob ich die richtigen Worte finde.

Es ist mir so angenehm und leicht Ihnen zuzuhören und ich selbst hätte niemals dieses Buch lesen können. Ich finde lesen so schwierig. Aber Ihnen scheint es so leicht und ich höre es so gern und es gefällt mir so gut - natürlich vom Inhalt her, das ist Tolstoi - aber Sie lesen auch so ruhig und mit wunderbar feiner Betonung, dass es mir auch daher eine große Freude ist.

Ich werde ganz sicher noch alle andere Bücher hören, die Sie gesprochen haben. Als Kind hat mir meine Oma oft Geschichten erzählt - die habe ich auch so gerne gehört. Und so wohl, wie ich mich damals gefühlt habe, fühle ich mich auch, wenn ich Ihnen zuhöre.

Vielen lieben Dank
Ella
and...
Liebe Eva K,
vielen Dank für Ihr großartiges Vorlesen. Ich höre im Moment "Anna Karenina" und Sie haben wahrhaft ein Talent fürs Vorlesen. Ich suche speziell nach Texten, die Sie solo lesen und hoffe, Sie haben auch weiterhin Freude daran, sodass ich und viele andere sich daran erfreuen können.
Vielen, vielen Dank, dass Sie sich die Zeit nehmen.
Mit besten Grüßen
Bianca

All of Eva's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
msfry

Post by msfry »

A big thanks to Phil Chenevert for recording Doctor DoLittle's Post Office. This was my first exposure to the Dr. Dolittle books and I was thoroughly entertained start to finish. The theme was surprisingly interesting, solving problems intelligently while at the same time being a fantasy story for children. Phil's voice is perfect for this material. He quacked like a duck, squeaked like a mouse, roared like a menacing villain, and grumbled like an old sea turtle, while sounding absolutely natural and mature as Dr. Dolittle! A great read. Thank you, Mr. Phil. I wish there were more Dr. Dolittle for you to read.
msfry

Post by msfry »

I just finished listening to Henry Van Dyke's The Valley of Vision, beautifully read by MaryAnn (back in 2012). It was my first experience of Van Dyke, I listened 5 hours straight through last evening, was interested in every story, never tired of Van Dyke's writing nor of MaryAnn's calm but expressive voice. The catalog says it is "Christian literature", but it wasn't the least bit preachy. My very favorite story was The Broken Soldier and the Maid of France, which so poignantly describes the loyalty to the homeland and horrors young Frenchmen endured fighting the ruthless invading Germans in WWI. I lost two great uncles in that bloody war, and would likely have never been born but that my French Grandfather was only 14 at the time, too young to enlist. He was the only child in the family to survive, and I'm told my great grandmother died of heartbreak shortly after the war. I felt like I got to connect a bit with her experience during this reading.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Roger (Roger Melin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of The House of the White Shadows:
Than you so very, very much for all your reading! I’ve been sick this week and enjoyed

All of Roger's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Wales,

I thoroughly enjoyed your reading of "Under the California Sky," and had my husband and a house guest listen to particular chapters of it. The parts concerning camping equipment, food, and recipes were just wonderful.

We all live in California and have been to almost all of the areas the author mentions. Our friend lives in the Eastern Sierra. It was just so fascinating to hear how things were 100 years ago.

Thanks again for your dedication to the LibriVox project.

--Mollie
Los Angeles
All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Wandering (Ray Clare) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Please give my warmest thanks to the reader Ray Clare for his sterling work on the books of Chesterton and Belloc. I very much struggle with reading both of these authors as written texts, but having them read to me makes them come to life. I have read books that I otherwise wouldn't have thanks to Mr Clare.

Thank you Sir, and keep up the good work.

All of Ray's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello!

I just wanted to say that Elizabeth Klett did an absolutely terrific job reading Jane Austen’s Northanger Abbey. I had to read it for my class, and could not stop myself from falling asleep when I read the actual book; but when I switched to an audiobook, I was thoroughly engaged. I loved how Elizabeth was able to articulate different voices, which made it so much easier to understand who the characters were, and how they talked. I particularly loved her voice for John Thorpe- It was the perfect amount of douchey for his character. Truly a wonderful job. I am studying to become a high school teacher, and I will definitely be recommending this version to all of my students in the future!

Have a wonderful day,
Madison
and...
Hi Elizabeth,

I have heard two of your book recordings - 'Howard’s End' and 'Lady Audley’s Secret' in LibriVox. I wanted to thank you for your wonderful narration. I liked the intonation and modulation in your voice. Your variation in tone as per the character in the novel was fantastic. Really enjoyed the recordings and look forward to more of them.

It would be great if you could let me know the list of the books you have recorded.

Keep up the good work!

Best,
Sana
All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ians46 (Ian Skillen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Ian Skillen for taking the time to read for Librivox. He's a good reader and it's a pleasure to hear his deep baritone Scottish accent. I listened to The Circular Staircase, smiled every time his voice started up on a new chapter. I would love to hear an entire book read by him.

~Nena

All of Ian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Simon,
Please accept my hearty gratitude for all the reading you have done on Librivox (70 books, that’s a real accomplishment!).
If I see your name as reader, I know I am in for a treat. Not only are your readings enjoyable, but you also make excellent selections in what you read.
Also thank you for introducing me to Arnold Bennet, an author I knew nothing about before I started listening to your readings. I have listened to them all and he has become one of my favorite authors. And more recently, through your readings I have discovered William John Locke and am delightedly making my way through your Locke novel readings.
With much appreciation from a Librivox listener for over 10 years,
Pamela
New York State, USA
and...
Dear Mr Evers,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful reading of Anthony Trollope's Linda Tressel. I am a big fan of Trollope but I don't have time anymore to read myself. Your engaging reading of his books has made it possible for me to enjoy these novels while doing my work. Thank you so much for reading in such an clear voice and in a way that works so well with Trollope's style. I appreciate it!

Best wishes,
Jeanne-Marie
South Africa
and...

I want to thank Simon for a beautiful reading of Anthony Trollope’s Castle Richmond. He brought tears to my eyes as he described the dying peasant family in the hut, which Herbert Fitzgerald entered to find shelter from the rain. I am so grateful for LibriVox and for readers like Simon - you all make my world so much richer.

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!