Complete [GROUP] 1001 questions and answers on English grammar.-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

1001 questions and answers on English grammar. by Benjamin Hathaway (1822 - 1896).

A book for students interested in finding out how many things about the English language have changed, and how many have weathered the test of time. ( jasonb)

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/1001-questions-and-answers-on-english-grammar-by-benjamin-hathaway/
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uiug.30112056432740&view=1up&seq=1
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Section [number] of 1001 questions and answers on English grammar.. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "1001 questions and answers on English grammar., by Benjamin Hathaway. [Section Title]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Section]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of 1001 questions and answers on English grammar., by Benjamin Hathaway. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename 1001grammar_##_hathaway_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. 1001grammar_01_hathaway_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

As alg 1001, I must MC this. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I thought you might! This was inspired by your post in Book Suggestions, then I saw that KevinS had started one, so I thought to continue.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Is you all looks fer a DPL? I be to do it.
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

KevinS wrote: February 20th, 2020, 10:10 am Is you all looks fer a DPL? I be to do it.
Yes, of course! I would be glad to have you. I even have some questions that I will be asking for some input on how to read certain questions in the text that I have seen while trying to finish the MW.

As you have already led one of these projects, do you have any suggestions about reading? I did listen to a few minutes of several segments in your project to get some ideas.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

jasonb wrote: February 20th, 2020, 11:12 pm
KevinS wrote: February 20th, 2020, 10:10 am Is you all looks fer a DPL? I be to do it.
Yes, of course! I would be glad to have you. I even have some questions that I will be asking for some input on how to read certain questions in the text that I have seen while trying to finish the MW.

As you have already led one of these projects, do you have any suggestions about reading? I did listen to a few minutes of several segments in your project to get some ideas.
I think you'll enjoy this project a good deal, though it does have its challenges. I've read ahead and see that your reading will benefit from some planning. Most of the text is straight forward enough, with a simple question and answer format, but, later, you'll see that the answers become more problematic. I don't think one should try to read the sentence diagrams, for instance. The good news there is that the text just below them seems clear enough. And there are some cases where words will have to be read and then spelled out when the meaning would be lost without the listener being given an idea of its unique spelling or the use of apostrophes and the like.

I think you'll have a lot of fun.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Kevin is added as DPL. I will move you to Going Solo.
Happy Friday, Gentlemen! :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I hope you are well, Jason.
I am just checking in with you about this project. If you need anything, let me know.
Cheers,
Amy
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Well, I don't mean to a pessimist, but I don't think this project is going anywhere.

I don't wish, necessarily, to be removed as DPL, but the project just sits there on my reader's page. Might we find a next step? Open this as a group project perhaps?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I've PMed Jason. There is a lot going on in the world. I am sure he will let us know when he will be able to start it.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alg1001 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 6:07 pm I've PMed Jason. There is a lot going on in the world. I am sure he will let us know when he will be able to start it.
Thank you.
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

KevinS wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:52 pm Well, I don't mean to a pessimist, but I don't think this project is going anywhere.

I don't wish, necessarily, to be removed as DPL, but the project just sits there on my reader's page. Might we find a next step? Open this as a group project perhaps?
Hi Kevin,

I have been thinking the same. I have run into issues in how to break it up, as the way I was going seems that all of the sections will be different lengths, which isn't horrible, but I just got overwhelmed and let it sit.

I think that a group project may be best for this.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Okay, Jason. I will turn this into a group project and move it to Readers Wanted. You will be the BC.
Cheers,
Amy
TheodenHumphrey

Post by TheodenHumphrey »

I'll help with this. I'm a Language Arts teacher, so I can read grammar reasonably well, I think. Whichever sections you'd like me to do. And is there a determined method for reading the more complex responses?
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi guys and gals, :D

I have a few minutes, I will do the intro if that works.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen: