COMPLETE[ADVENTURE] Ben, the Luggage Boy; or, Among the Wharves by Horatio Alger, Jr. - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

So fast!! Thanks, Kevin!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

jigraves wrote: February 18th, 2020, 6:55 am Here's Chapter 20. Sorry for the delay.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bentheluggageboy_20_alger,jr_128kb.mp3

Time is 12:10.

Thank you!!
Hi, Jackie, (hopefully that's the way your name is spelled!)

This is a lovely reading! Thank you so much for helping us. There are a couple of edits that we'll need you to make, and then re-upload the new file.

First, since this isn't the very last chapter of the book, can you clip out the section from 11:57-12:05? That will take out the "end of Ben the Luggage boy" part, as well as the extra silence at the end. (On your files, try to keep that right at the 5 seconds instead of longer)

Next, the volume is very, very low in relation to the zone used in LibriVox. It can be fixed, though! No need to re-record! Are you using Audacity? That's what I use, and is all I'm familiar with. If you are, with the file open, press Control-A to select the entire track. In the Effects menu, choose Amplify. Type 10 in that top box, and then click OK. (Ignore the New Peak box.) That will give you a good volume for this chapter. The next time you are recording, you might want to bump the recording volume up some more. :)

Last, if you zoom in several clicks, you can see the vertical line at the very front - cut that off to get rid of the opening smack sound. :)

Now re-export the file with the same name, and then re-upload it and post the link it gives you again. Oh, there should be a new time, too, to tell us.

Thanks so much! You are an excellent addition to LibriVox. I look forward to seeing you around. :) (This all gets easier and easier as you go along!)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

KevinS wrote: February 18th, 2020, 12:14 pm Chapter 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bentheluggageboy_04_alger,jr_128kb.mp3 (10:36)
PL OK, Kevin. Thanks! :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
jigraves

Post by jigraves »

LCaulkins wrote: February 18th, 2020, 1:06 pm
jigraves wrote: February 18th, 2020, 6:55 am Here's Chapter 20. Sorry for the delay.

Time is 12:10.

Thank you!!
Hi, Jackie, (hopefully that's the way your name is spelled!)

This is a lovely reading! Thank you so much for helping us. There are a couple of edits that we'll need you to make, and then re-upload the new file.

First, since this isn't the very last chapter of the book, can you clip out the section from 11:57-12:05? That will take out the "end of Ben the Luggage boy" part, as well as the extra silence at the end. (On your files, try to keep that right at the 5 seconds instead of longer)

Next, the volume is very, very low in relation to the zone used in LibriVox. It can be fixed, though! No need to re-record! Are you using Audacity? That's what I use, and is all I'm familiar with. If you are, with the file open, press Control-A to select the entire track. In the Effects menu, choose Amplify. Type 10 in that top box, and then click OK. (Ignore the New Peak box.) That will give you a good volume for this chapter. The next time you are recording, you might want to bump the recording volume up some more. :)

Last, if you zoom in several clicks, you can see the vertical line at the very front - cut that off to get rid of the opening smack sound. :)

Now re-export the file with the same name, and then re-upload it and post the link it gives you again. Oh, there should be a new time, too, to tell us.

Thanks so much! You are an excellent addition to LibriVox. I look forward to seeing you around. :) (This all gets easier and easier as you go along!)
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. I have made the changes and uploaded again. Here's the link and the time is 12:00. Thanks again! Have a great day. -Jackie

Jackie Graves
Noblesville, IN

Constructive feedback and criticism is always welcome. Thank you!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

jigraves wrote: February 20th, 2020, 7:16 am
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. I have made the changes and uploaded again. Here's the link and the time is 12:00. Thanks again! Have a great day. -Jackie

Fast turnaround! Thanks, Jackie :) Hope to see you in other projects!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

And we have all our chapters now, Todd!

I noted in the MW which sections have the funky file names from before we found out it's that jr period that was making them hinky.
~Lynette * -
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging now - or at least starting to try!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files may be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/ben-the-luggage-boy-or-among-the-wharves-by-horatio-alger-jr/

Thank you all for lending your voices!

Todd
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

:clap:
~Lynette * -