[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 7 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Wonderful, Jason, thank you! :9: If you finish the rest and Anthony is able to PL soon, we may be able to catalog this week!
Tomas Peter
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

0, 6, 10, 15, 22, 23, 28, 29, 32, 34, 38, 39, 41, 43, 47, 49, 54, 55, 56, 58, 60, 63, 65, 66, 70, 74, 75, 77, 81, 84

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I know it will probably be at least a few weeks, but I would like to make a few requests from the next section of this one.

I only read down through section II, as it seems that most of the ones after that will be DR. I would like to have these 4 from section II. There are a good many in that section, so each of us should be able to have 4-5.

Seven ages of man - Shakespeare
Ode on a Grecian Urn Keats
The Bells - Poe
Mist - Thoreau

Hopefully this is cool. As for the rest, as always, I leave my selections to Kitty.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

That's quite alright, Jason, you're welcome to choose what you'd like. If Sonia gives the OK (I'm sure she will), you could even record those poems when you have the time now, and then upload them when the next project is launched.

Speaking of the next project, if all goes to plan, we may be able to launch at the beginning of next month---maybe even late next week, if Sonia has the time to determine what the DRs will be. We'll make an announcement on that soon...
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: now that went fast overnight !!! And Anthony has PLed it all already. :thumbs: Only one section left, then I can archive :9:
That's quite alright, Jason, you're welcome to choose what you'd like. If Sonia gives the OK (I'm sure she will), you could even record those poems when you have the time now, and then upload them when the next project is launched.
I was maybe considering having each Bell read by another reader, since they have different temperaments. But yes, since technically they are not speaking but someone is describing them, I guess one could leave it as a solo. So I have no problem marking you down for them, unless others wanted those sections. Tomas, Craig and Adrian, any objections ? Do you wish me to choose again for you ? And most importantly, are you all up for the next part ?
Speaking of the next project, if all goes to plan, we may be able to launch at the beginning of next month---maybe even late next week, if Sonia has the time to determine what the DRs will be. We'll make an announcement on that soon...
I haven't started looking at the poems yet. But since we are complete here now, I will probably do that in the days to come. Stay tuned !

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I thought the same on the Bells, that each gets darker as they go on. I would love to interpret them all, and I think the effect could be good to hear the change in one voice over the course of the poem. I of course will let you make the final decision.

Yes, for the rest of the poems I leave it to you to choose for me. You know what I like.

One other thing - I wanted Ozymandias also, but I'm sure that will be a DR. Would like a part in that if possible.
Last edited by jasonb on February 18th, 2020, 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: February 18th, 2020, 4:38 amI thought the same on the Bells, that each gets darker as they go on. I would love to interpret them all, and I think the effect could be good to hear the change in one voice over the course of the poem. I of course will let you make the final decision.
yes I think it works perfectly well with one reader, in fact I know as I have done it myself :lol: https://librivox.org/the-bells-and-other-poems-by-edgar-allan-poe/ (not recommended to listen to before you record yours, I don't want to influence you, but I had a lot of fun changing between the temperaments.)

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

The last section is good to go. We are done! Good work everyone!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

afutterer wrote: February 18th, 2020, 7:34 am PL NOTES:
The last section is good to go. We are done! Good work everyone!
wohoooo, thank you for the fast turn-around now in this final phase Anthony :9: :thumbs:

All right, I can start the cataloguing process then. Will be back with the link as soon as...

A big thanks to the whole troupe: Adrian, Craig, Jason, Tomas, and Anthony !!! See you all hopefully in Part II

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

I am looking forward to it!
Anthony

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

afutterer wrote: February 18th, 2020, 7:46 am I am looking forward to it!
:thumbs: we will notify you via PM when the time is ready.

And this is finished now :9:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/worlds-best-poetry-7-1-by-various/

Moving to Completed Projects !!!

see you in the next instalment

Sonia