[COMPLETE][Short stories]The Black Cat Vol. 01 No. 02 November 1895 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KateG

Post by KateG »

Kitty wrote: February 8th, 2020, 2:14 am
And since we are only waiting for one final section, I think it's time I prepare the next magazine :mrgreen: Will post the link here once it's up and running.
Yay! :clap: Already looking forward to that! :mrgreen:
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KateG wrote: February 8th, 2020, 2:18 am Yay! :clap: Already looking forward to that! :mrgreen:
well, get in quick there then, because there are only 6 stories this time :shock: so I am sorry to tell you, not every reader in this issue will have the opportunity of reading in the next one. :( sorry about that

Here is the new link: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=78151

see you around

Sonia
huldaheath

Post by huldaheath »

Hi Sonia, I'll have to un-claim section 2! :? Apologies to have delayed the project, some unforeseen time limitations came up for me the last few weeks. I'm sure a great reader will grab it! It's a delightful little story.
⛧ Hulda
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

huldaheath wrote: February 15th, 2020, 8:50 amHi Sonia, I'll have to un-claim section 2! :? Apologies to have delayed the project, some unforeseen time limitations came up for me the last few weeks. I'm sure a great reader will grab it! It's a delightful little story.
awww I'm sorry to hear that Hulda, but yes, unforseen events do happen. :( I am grateful that you told me as soon as you knew, at least that way the project is not stagnating. :thumbs: And the Black Cat magazine will continue on for quite some time still, so I'm hoping that I'll be hearing you again in one of the later editions :)

And you know what, I'll be taking over this story, that way we can stay fully claimed right away. :mrgreen:

Of course if I'm reading I need another volunteer to PL my section. Would any of you readers be willing to listen to it later on ? :help: I guess I can read and edit it tomorrow, so we can wrap this one up soon. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the final story, not a pleasant one I'm afraid. Bud seems to be a budding psychopathic killer in the making :evil: I hate cruelty to animals as pass-time for bored people. The only redeeming point is that the story breaks off before the finale, so readers like me are left hoping that there will be a happy-ending for the monkey.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0102nov1895_2_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 8:31 min.

Any volunteer to PL this final section ?

Thanks in advance

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Kitty wrote: February 16th, 2020, 3:52 am and here is the final story, not a pleasant one I'm afraid. Bud seems to be a budding psychopathic killer in the making :evil: I hate cruelty to animals as pass-time for bored people. The only redeeming point is that the story breaks off before the finale, so readers like me are left hoping that there will be a happy-ending for the monkey.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0102nov1895_2_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 8:31 min.

Any volunteer to PL this final section ?

Thanks in advance

Sonia
I'll do it Sonia! .... after coffee!!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: February 16th, 2020, 7:16 am I'll do it Sonia! .... after coffee!!
thank you Nemo, and yes, better after coffee :? enjoy your brekkie.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and while waiting for the final PL job, I wanted to share with you the little teasers I concoted up this time for each of your stories. I hope you all find them fitting. I also took care not to do too many spoilers:

A Calaveras hold-up: can love make a man mend his ways or are some relationships doomed from the start ?
From a trolley post: a boring bus-stop wait is interrupted by a young boy's favourite pastime of hunting animals
An andenken: the story of a young artist's budding love in the romantic, yet wild landscape of the Tyrolian Alps
The man from Maine: a chance encounter in a train shows the resourcefulness of some people to get what they most want
A wedding tombstone: wouldn't a tombstone be a macabre wedding gift from a husband to his newly-wed bride ?
The other one: in his dark wine-cellar, an old man makes a chilling confession to his bank-clerk
Stateroom six: the bad luck of a gambler proves the good fortune of a young girl
Her eyes, your honor: a resourceful lawyer stops at nothing to save a woman from the gallows

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Section 2 is PL OK! ,,,, great reading Sonia! .... I'm glad we missed the 3rd act :shock:
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: February 16th, 2020, 8:10 amSection 2 is PL OK! ,,,, great reading Sonia! .... I'm glad we missed the 3rd act :shock:
yes me too :( even though, I like to think that the monkey out-tricked Bud somehow and the boy fell down the balcony :twisted: serves him right.

Thanks for the fast PL, Nemo :9:

Now I will proceed to archive this little gem. Will post back once it's done.

Thank you so much for all the great contributions: Dan, Katie, Shanna, Julie, Nemo, Todd and J. :D I hope to hear you all again in one or more of the next issues.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and it's done :)

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/black-cat-01-02-nov1895-by-various/

Moving to Completed Projects !

Sonia
Eirena

Post by Eirena »

Thank you, Sonia! I thank you very much for responding. I know that it's been awhile, recovering took Much longer than was expected and then my computer had to go to the doctor. It will be home tomorrow! (Yay).
I'll be recording my one minute thing tomorrow evening when it gets home.
I apologize and regret that I didn't recover in time (as well as my computer)
I am back online with my computer and available tomorrow if you do another edition or another project.
Thank you for all of the advice and letting me know a bit about the ropes. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Eirena wrote: August 20th, 2020, 6:13 pmThank you, Sonia! I thank you very much for responding. I know that it's been awhile, recovering took Much longer than was expected and then my computer had to go to the doctor. It will be home tomorrow! (Yay).
I'll be recording my one minute thing tomorrow evening when it gets home.
wohooo, Eirena, thank you so much for letting us know that you are better. Super that you want to start recording now for real. And yes, the test is a good way to start. I hope you still have your introduction email, all the details for the technical setup is noted down there.
I apologize and regret that I didn't recover in time (as well as my computer)
I am back online with my computer and available tomorrow if you do another edition or another project.
right now we are at the 8th issue of the magazine already (time flies): viewtopic.php?f=9&t=81994 but unfortunately this one is fully claimed already. But stay bookmarked to that current thread and I'll announce there when the next one launches (probably in a month or so, depending how fast the readers hand in their sections).

In the meantime, there are plenty of other great projects, only waiting for interested readers :9:

see you around

Sonia
Eirena

Post by Eirena »

That's wonderful! Yes, my Mac should be home and set up this evening. I'll be using Garage Band, but I have the instructions in my email still.
So you're on the 8th edition already! That's great! I know that some of the stories are kind of rough to read from the postings that I read... I will keep an eye open for the 9th edition!
Tonight I'll be recording my one minute, let's see how many times it takes me to get it to sound to my liking, lol!
Thanks, Sonia!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Eirena wrote: August 21st, 2020, 10:57 amYes, my Mac should be home and set up this evening. I'll be using Garage Band, but I have the instructions in my email still.
ah garageband...I need to warn you right away, a lot of people are having trouble converting the recording to Mono in garageband, it seems to be complicated. But it works somehow. Here is a wiki article about it: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=GarageBand

and a help-thread where people discuss it, who actually use it: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=61965

If you are stuck I would suggest asking for help there. A lot of readers download Audacity, because it's much more user-friendly, it seems ;) but if you know your way around garageband already, there is no reason why you can't use it of course.
I know that some of the stories are kind of rough to read from the postings that I read...
I have prooflistened them all and I must say, I loved them all, though some were quite sad indeed. But good writers all of them.
Tonight I'll be recording my one minute, let's see how many times it takes me to get it to sound to my liking, lol!
haha good luck, but please don't be too hard on yourself the first time. Hearing one's own voice recorded is strange for everybody, but you get used to it. :) Just dive in.

Sonia