[Complete] Call Mr. Fortune by H.C. Bailey - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Micfairy252 wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:25 am Good Morning Lynnet,
I am sending you Section 8 of Call Mr. Fortune Phases five and six" The Reply" and "Jane Brown."

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_08_bailey128kb.mp3

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
Thank you. How long is it please? We need to know as part of our validation process.
Micfairy252

Post by Micfairy252 »

Good Afternoon Lynnet,

You are welcome. To answer your question about the length of the recording, it is 27 minutes and 50 seconds total.

If you need anything else, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Micfairy252 wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 12:09 pm Good Afternoon Lynnet,

You are welcome. To answer your question about the length of the recording, it is 27 minutes and 50 seconds total.

If you need anything else, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
:thumbs:
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

tomewing wrote: January 29th, 2020, 12:33 am Finally got it done. Two days. Help desk didn't respond so decided on a new measure. Got a new PW. It appears that the PW to log into LV is different from the PW to upload. That's the only conclusion I can reach. Doesn't make sense but my PW to get into LV worked but not to upload. Go figure.

Anyway, hope I'm doing this correctly. It's been uploaded callmrfortune_07_bailey_125kb.mp3. Length of recording 48:14
PL Notes:
Intro and outro do not match project instructions, should say:

START of recording (Intro)
"Chapter [number] of Call Mr. Fortune. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Call Mr. Fortune, by H. C. Bailey. [Chapter]"

END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

The reading itself is very enjoyable and easily understandable. :thumbs: If you have questions on the notes, let me know. Thanks!
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Micfairy252 wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:25 am Good Morning Lynnet,
I am sending you Section 8 of Call Mr. Fortune Phases five and six" The Reply" and "Jane Brown."

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_08_bailey128kb.mp3

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
PL notes:
*Volume needs to be amplified by about 3 dB, as it is currently at 85.7 dB.

*DC Bias is at +70, while the number should be right around 0. To fix this in Audacity, select the enter file then go to effects > normalize, select only what refers to DC offset and apply. (You can check both those aspects through checker before uploading to ensure they’re corrected.)

@ 9:13 repeat - “you have an uncommon”
@12:50-53 there’s a longish silence, shorten to whatever feels natural to you.

Please don’t be discouraged to be getting PL notes! These are fairly minor issues, and your reading itself is just fine. Thank you! :)
~Rosebud
Micfairy252

Post by Micfairy252 »

Thank you so much for the feedback on my first reading RSlabaugh. I took notes on what you said and hopefully it helps.

I appreciate it very much. I will try to remember that the next time I record something like this for Librivox.

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Micfairy252 wrote: February 13th, 2020, 9:29 pm Thank you so much for the feedback on my first reading RSlabaugh. I took notes on what you said and hopefully it helps.

I appreciate it very much. I will try to remember that the next time I record something like this for Librivox.

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
I forgot to mention that these things need to be corrected and the new file uploaded with this name: callmrfortune_08_bailey_128kb.mp3 (Make sure all of the underscores are included.) Then post the link in this thread as before, and I’ll spot proof listen and give feedback on whether it is PL ok or if it needs anything else changed.

Thanks!
~Rosebud
Micfairy252

Post by Micfairy252 »

Hello RSlabaugh,

I am sending you a link to the audio that I have just uploaded to the LV Uploader.

I know you said that you wanted to listen to it.

Here you go!
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_08_bailey_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if you have any questions.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Thank you! I’ll check it soon.
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Micfairy252 wrote: February 14th, 2020, 2:47 pm Hello RSlabaugh,

I am sending you a link to the audio that I have just uploaded to the LV Uploader.

I know you said that you wanted to listen to it.

Here you go!

Please let me know if you have any questions.
PL Notes:
Your volume is still too low, but looking at it in Audacity shows that there are spikes that will not allow you to amplify as is. My suggestion is to select all and apply compression (Effect>Compressor), checking only the box 'Compress based on Peaks'. Then I would actually lower the volume 1 dB, as the overall goes to 90 and background noise is higher there as well.

9:13.083 - 9:13.865 there is still part of the repeat. I think it'll come together nicely by cutting that.
@ 5:26-28 a longish silence (Sorry, I hadn't caught that one earlier!) Cut according to your preference:)
Beginning silence is at 5 seconds, could you please cut to .5 - 1 sec total?

The reason I gave the times backwards is because I expected you'll want to correct them in that order so as not to have the spots shifting on you. :) Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Rosebud

P.S. DC Bias is perfect :thumbs:
~Rosebud
Micfairy252

Post by Micfairy252 »

Hello RSlabaugh,

I have finished making the changes that you had suggested in the previous message to me.

The file is pasted below.

I had just finished uploading it to the LV Uploader and had previously run it through mp3 gain, and the Checker which it passed.

It should NOW be good to go for your PL.

Please let me know if I need to make additional changes or you hear anything unusual.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Micfairy252 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 2:21 pm Hello RSlabaugh,

I have finished making the changes that you had suggested in the previous message to me.

The file is pasted below.

I had just finished uploading it to the LV Uploader and had previously run it through mp3 gain, and the Checker which it passed.

It should NOW be good to go for your PL.

Please let me know if I need to make additional changes or you hear anything unusual.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
PL OK :clap:

Thank you for your hard work, and congratulations on your first PL OK LibriVox contribution! :9:
~Rosebud
Micfairy252

Post by Micfairy252 »

Dear RSlbaugh,

You are most certainly welcome for that. I'm glad to be a part of LV(Librivox) woohoo!

I just wanted to say thank you for your help/feedback otherwise. I would have not known.

You rock!

Let me know if you need anything else, I'll be happy to contribute!

Sincerely,

Micfairy252
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Micfairy252 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 3:15 pm Let me know if you need anything else, I'll be happy to contribute!
As in suggestions of what to read? :wink: Feel free to click on the link under my signature, then the 'PL view' button and see if any of the open projects interest you. And here’s another detective book that they’re trying to complete: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76510 But feel free to do your own searching and find what you'll enjoy! :D

See you around!
~Rosebud
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Greetings, Duffus here.
I've recorded my remaining chapter and find it is too long to submit as one file. I've used my minimalistic search abilities and do not find a method on this site on how to submit it in two parts.
Help is needed in this part of the Simpleton's Universe.
Blackboards are truly remarkable!