---
Catholic Audiobooks
jmwills

Post by jmwills »

Could I read 6 and 7, please?
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

jmwills wrote: February 13th, 2020, 4:21 pm Could I read 6 and 7, please?
Hi,

Welcome to LibriVox! Sections 6 and 7 are all yours! Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

Also, if this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.

Thanks and have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Announcement time. :-)

Algy and I have decided to split off Pascendi into a separate project, so that he can read the very long appendix and the introduction that is included with this translation. It wouldn't have worked well to do it in this project. I will link it in the summary when the project is complete.

Also, thanks to Leni and someone not involved in Librivox, we have managed to track down a PD translation of Il Fermo Proposito that is about 95% complete! It is about 500 words short of the original, but I can live with that. They mainly took out any reference at all to Italy, to whom it was originally directed.

No luck on finding any PD translation, even partial of "Singulari Quadam". But 15 out of 16 is good!

I have rearranged the MW, and renumbered files as needed
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, I didn't see the above before I uploaded Section 17, but was a snap to load it again as 15.
I didn't see that a end of book outro was indicated, but if you need something, just let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/encyclicals_15_piusx_128kb.mp3 11:16
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 5, please.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

silverquill wrote: February 14th, 2020, 11:40 pm Oh, I didn't see the above before I uploaded Section 17, but was a snap to load it again as 15.
I didn't see that a end of book outro was indicated, but if you need something, just let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/encyclicals_15_piusx_128kb.mp3 11:16
Thanks, Larry! Sorry you had to reload it. I was planning on just keeping a close eye and renumbering files if needed! :D

I will listen to it shortly!

As for the outro, as I am handling this more as a collection than a regular project, I left the outro off. (Everything can stand on it's own) That is why there are no section numbers either in the intro/outro.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

KevinS wrote: February 15th, 2020, 9:16 am Section 5, please.
All yours, Kevin!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Lacrimabili Statu is PL OK! Thank you, Larry!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you, Kevin!

The only thing I would suggest changing, is if you could word the intro/outro a little differently as:
"Extracts from Encyclical Letter.....etc,.

It was a little jarring to have it as "Encyclical Letter extracts.." in the intro. But, in the outro I didn't mind it so much. :hmm:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

m8b1 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 5:23 pm Thank you, Kevin!

The only thing I would suggest changing, is if you could word the intro/outro a little differently as:
"Extracts from Encyclical Letter.....etc,.

It was a little jarring to have it as "Encyclical Letter extracts.." in the intro. But, in the outro I didn't mind it so much. :hmm:
Fixed. I just took "Encyclical letter" out of the intro. Is that okay?

I thought it sounded kind of funny, too, but I was following, I think, the script.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/encyclicals_05_piusx_128kb.mp3 (31:16)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Well, I think I would like it as "Extracts from Encyclical Letter Il Fermo Proposito...etc."

That way if someone just listens to that one file, they know it is an Encyclical. These will be searchable by each encyclical title, since it is set up as a collection.

Sorry I didn't make it clear before you recorded. It is a one off since this is the only partial one in the project. :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

m8b1 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 5:51 pm Well, I think I would like it as "Extracts from Encyclical Letter Il Fermo Proposito...etc."

That way if someone just listens to that one file, they know it is an Encyclical. These will be searchable by each encyclical title, since it is set up as a collection.

Sorry I didn't make it clear before you recorded. It is a one off since this is the only partial one in the project. :D
Okay, I think you'll like this one:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/encyclicals_05_piusx_128kb.mp3 (31:18)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks for sticking it out with me, Kevin! It is now PL OK! :mrgreen:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks