May I read Sostrata please?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

How is Micio pronounced? I've had trouble finding a clear answer. Google Translate has it in Greek as "Me-see-oe", which what I was going to go with, I think?
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AdamBielka wrote: February 12th, 2020, 12:48 amHow is Micio pronounced? I've had trouble finding a clear answer. Google Translate has it in Greek as "Me-see-oe", which what I was going to go with, I think?
as long as you stay consistent with the same pronunciation within your own role, it's fine with us :) In real life some people also pronounce names differently than others.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

started with a shorter act, here is act 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adelphi_narrator_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:52 min.

I have construction workers hammering in the neighbourhood :evil: I'm not sure the noise cleaning did an adequate job.

Sonia
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Oh, you're Helen Pretty! I loved that play! Ridiculous rom-com with a hefty helping of parliamentary procedure; it was a hoot! You did such a good job as the pouty widow!
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adelphi_micio_1_128kb.mp3
08:54

There were quite a few pronunciations floating around out there, I ended up using the following versions in Act 1:

Æschinus as Eyes-kee-nose
Micio as Mee-see-oh
Demea as Da-me-ah

Let me know if those work?
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

AdamBielka wrote: February 13th, 2020, 2:12 pm Oh, you're Helen Pretty! I loved that play! Ridiculous rom-com with a hefty helping of parliamentary procedure; it was a hoot! You did such a good job as the pouty widow!
Thank you for the files.

Sonia is not just a fabulous DPL. We liked Mrs Pretty and the Premier so much we then did two more plays by Adams.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AdamBielka wrote: February 13th, 2020, 2:12 pmOh, you're Helen Pretty! I loved that play! Ridiculous rom-com with a hefty helping of parliamentary procedure; it was a hoot! You did such a good job as the pouty widow!
:oops: oh thank you very much :) I'm glad you liked the play, I definitely loved playing Mrs Pretty. She was a fun character to create.

I had to laugh now, you sound so startled, as if all of a sudden it struck you that it was me doing that part. :lol:
Æschinus as Eyes-kee-nose
Micio as Mee-see-oh
Demea as Da-me-ah

Let me know if those work?
yes of course they work, since you used them consistently. I pronounced Aeschinus differently in my stage directions, but as I said, that doesn't matter. All fine.

However there are two small things to correct in Act 4:

> for the voice credit, could you please always include the whole description, as marked in the MW, here: "Micio, Brother, aged Athenian". Just put it into Act 4, so you don't have to reupload both acts again

> at 9:00: stumble and repeat, can get cut: "Not at all..."

I'll mark Act 1 PL ok then and make a note for Todd to find the voice credit in Act 4.

I loved Micio's character, and you did a great job, especially in the dialogue with his brother, when he is so exasperated with him :thumbs:

Thank you

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: February 14th, 2020, 3:45 am oh thank you very much :) I'm glad you liked the play, I definitely loved playing Mrs Pretty. She was a fun character to create.
Sonia
For the purposes of our plays, consider Kitty to be a dinkum (ie, “echt”) Aussie with a slightly unusually spelled surname.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:17 amFor the purposes of our plays, consider Kitty to be a dinkum (ie, “echt”) Aussie with a slightly unusually spelled surname.
if I remember correctly, I received honorary Sheila status for this performance. :mrgreen: By the Premier himself (well...the Premier from the play, not the real one, but it has to count for something)

Back to the Adelphis...here is Act 3 stage directions:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adelphi_narrator_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:10 min.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Syrus act 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adelphi_syrus_2.mp3

This is my streetwise servant voice, which I seem to use quite a lot :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and narrator Act 4 dribbling in...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adelphi_narrator_4_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:50 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Oh no - not dribbling! Basketball or wine dribbles?

EDIT: Ah, but no words amiss. Act 2,3,4 stage directions PL OK.

Thanks, Todd