[Grp/Mystery] The Weird Picture by John R. Carling - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
miss stav
Posts: 15207
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » February 14th, 2020, 8:13 am

Chapters 7-10 are great. And I am finally cought up.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Interested in legents? Try Legents Of Saints And Sinners. Interested in femenist fiction? Try Falkner.

kirk202
Posts: 1334
Joined: August 13th, 2011, 11:50 am
Location: Lake Placid, FL
Contact:

Post by kirk202 » February 14th, 2020, 9:22 am

miss stav wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 8:13 am
Chapters 7-10 are great. And I am finally cought up.
Thanks! :clap:
Kirk

juddmoss
Posts: 10
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Post by juddmoss » February 27th, 2020, 3:20 pm

Lynnet wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 8:43 am
juddmoss wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 8:21 am
I would like to do section 11.

Juddmoss
Thank you for claiming.

I’m so sorry. I had some illness come up and wasn’t able to do any recording. Could I have another month to work on this?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20104
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 27th, 2020, 3:59 pm

juddmoss wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 3:20 pm
Lynnet wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 8:43 am
juddmoss wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 8:21 am
I would like to do section 11.

Juddmoss
Thank you for claiming.

I’m so sorry. I had some illness come up and wasn’t able to do any recording. Could I have another month to work on this?
Of course. Life happens. Hope you are feeling better now.

ghaelen
Posts: 12
Joined: December 8th, 2019, 10:58 am

Post by ghaelen » February 29th, 2020, 11:41 am


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20104
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 29th, 2020, 11:53 am

ghaelen wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 11:41 am
Chapter 12 is ready to review :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/weirdpicture_12_carling_128k.mp3
Thank you. How long is the file please?

ghaelen
Posts: 12
Joined: December 8th, 2019, 10:58 am

Post by ghaelen » March 7th, 2020, 1:44 pm

Lynnet wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 11:53 am
ghaelen wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 11:41 am
Chapter 12 is ready to review :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/weirdpicture_12_carling_128k.mp3
Thank you. How long is the file please?
Sorry for the delayed response. I show 40 minutes 52 seconds.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20104
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 7th, 2020, 4:46 pm

ghaelen wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 1:44 pm
Lynnet wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 11:53 am
ghaelen wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 11:41 am
Chapter 12 is ready to review :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/weirdpicture_12_carling_128k.mp3
Thank you. How long is the file please?
Sorry for the delayed response. I show 40 minutes 52 seconds.
Thank you

tommack
Posts: 158
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 12:57 pm
Location: Tucson Arizona
Contact:

Post by tommack » March 7th, 2020, 5:43 pm

I would like to do section 14 please.

tommack

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20104
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 7th, 2020, 5:50 pm

tommack wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 5:43 pm
I would like to do section 14 please.

tommack
Thank you for claiming

miss stav
Posts: 15207
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » March 13th, 2020, 3:35 pm

The Weered Picture Chapter 12

About one minute, stumble: "the first meeting after… Afte rher refusal of him".
Between 15 to 25 minutes into the chapter- in too many sentences the silence is too long. Sometimes, it distracts from the listening. Please note that, as a rule of thum, a brake should not be more than two or three seconds. I don't know why in these proticular ten minutes and not before or after.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Interested in legents? Try Legents Of Saints And Sinners. Interested in femenist fiction? Try Falkner.

tommack
Posts: 158
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 12:57 pm
Location: Tucson Arizona
Contact:

Post by tommack » March 17th, 2020, 8:48 pm

Here is chapter 14 "Vanity"


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/wierdpicture_14_carling_128kb.mp3 (41:09)

It's a great if not wierd story!
Tom

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20104
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 17th, 2020, 9:07 pm

tommack wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 8:48 pm
Here is chapter 14 "Vanity"


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/wierdpicture_14_carling_128kb.mp3 (41:09)

It's a great if not wierd story!
Tom
Thank you. How long is the file please?

miss stav
Posts: 15207
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » March 17th, 2020, 9:40 pm

chapter 14 is great. I like your reading style.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Interested in legents? Try Legents Of Saints And Sinners. Interested in femenist fiction? Try Falkner.

tommack
Posts: 158
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 12:57 pm
Location: Tucson Arizona
Contact:

Post by tommack » March 18th, 2020, 12:04 am

chapter 14 is 41:09

Didn't I put it on the previous post?
Tom

Post Reply