Rules for splitting larger works into multiple parts?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

I was wondering what the LibriVox rules are for splitting a larger work into smaller parts for independent release? I've seen it done a couple times on LibriVox, particularly for unwieldy large works and works that can be split up into natural sections, like the Lucian Dialouges or the New Testament.

If a book has a natural break point and split into largely discrete, independent sections would it be okay to go ahead with that? Or is there some sort review process?
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The longer you are around LV, the more you will find that no set of rules covers the great variety of projects we have. Depends on how long the finished project would be, how difficult the reading is, what sort of book it is ........ etc.
So what is the project you have in mind ?

Anne
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

I was really interested in doing Issac Newton's Observations upon the Prophecies, which is splits into two parts that are pretty discrete from each other. Observations upon the Apocalypse is a much shorter section than Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel. The shorter one seems like a much more manageable project.
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news