ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bizarre, all three files I just downloaded have the same length. But then I see you have left over 2 minutes of silence at the end ;)

Everything wonderfully narrated, very lively at the appropriate places, and sensitive at others. The narrator really is part of the play here. :thumbs: I love that.

Acts 2 and 3 straight PL ok.

A very minor edit for Act 1 though:

> at 2:05: (p. 11) "reads" – I know it's not written in the book, but it's best to repeat here "Mousta reads" because Vavir is introduced right before this, and one would think that reads refers to her in this case

The rest perfectly fine as well. Thank you so much, Michael, another wonderful job. :9:

Sonia
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Many thanks. I've added the extra word to act 1, and here it is again for spot PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/brokenhearts_narrator_1_128kb.mp3

I remembered too late, when uploading the originals, that if you run Audacity ReplayGain on several tracks at once it unhelpfully pads out the shorter to the length of the longest. I corrected the lengths and re-uploaded a few minutes later but I expect by then you'd seen the first upload.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MichaelMaggs wrote: February 11th, 2020, 2:25 pmMany thanks. I've added the extra word to act 1, and here it is again for spot PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/brokenhearts_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
thank you and now PL ok :)
I remembered too late, when uploading the originals, that if you run Audacity ReplayGain on several tracks at once it unhelpfully pads out the shorter to the length of the longest.
:shock: seriously ? I never knew that, but then I never run replaygain on several tracks at once. Didn't even know you could do that in Audacity. Do you have multiple programmes of Audacity open at the same time then ? Even if I have that, I can only work on one window at a time. :hmm:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Mousta awaits in the MW. I may have made him too human, but perhaps that is appropriate.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 5th, 2020, 11:06 amMousta awaits in the MW. I may have made him too human, but perhaps that is appropriate.
wow, this was great acting, Todd. And I think playing him human is quite accurate. In my opinion, Mousta is the one tragic hero here in this play. His actions can be deemed despicable, but they are understandable in a way and in the end he redeems himself. And all he wanted was to be loved, can anyone blame him ? You conveyed all these emotions perfectly: love, adoration, despair, rage, spite, remorse, gratitude and humility. :thumbs:

Totally PL ok. Thank you

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Glad you liked it. I certainly had fun recording it. From hunching over my Blue Yeti with my knuckles dragging on the ground and only one eye open, to standing tall and proud as a prince with the magic of the veil upon my head.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 6th, 2020, 9:03 amFrom hunching over my Blue Yeti with my knuckles dragging on the ground and only one eye open
:shock: :lol: this is definitely method-acting !!!

Sonia
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Fear not-- I AM in the middle of working on this project. :P You knew I was going to ask it, didn't you?... Can I have some more time?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Gave you an extra month.

Thanks, Todd
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Many thanks. :)
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Noticed I've expired, too; if I can have an extension, as well, I'd be most grateful. :)
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd