[Solved] HOW TO REGISTER

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
msfry

Post by msfry »

HELP! I can't for the life of me this morning find a REGISTER button. Not on the Home Page. Not on any forum. And I registered so many years ago I can't remember how I did it.

How do we advise someone to go about getting registered with Librivox?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

msfry wrote: February 10th, 2020, 9:00 am HELP! I can't for the life of me this morning find a REGISTER button. Not on the Home Page. Not on any forum. And I registered so many years ago I can't remember how I did it.

How do we advise someone to go about getting registered with Librivox?
You need to log out of your account. At the top right, right next to the log in button, there is a register button. Hope this works. :D
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ej400 wrote: February 10th, 2020, 9:21 am
You need to log out of your account. At the top right, right next to the log in button, there is a register button. Hope this works. :D
I thought it was the Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here button.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Michele. what happened? How can you be logged in and yet not registered? I am interested in knowing of problems with our registration system. And what might cause problems for new comers.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
ej400

Post by ej400 »

philchenevert wrote: February 10th, 2020, 3:07 pm How can you be logged in and yet not registered?
Respectfully, I don't think it's that Phil. You can't be logged in to register for an account. If you're already logged in, wouldn't that mean your registered though?
msfry

Post by msfry »

philchenevert wrote: February 10th, 2020, 3:07 pm Michele. what happened? How can you be logged in and yet not registered? I am interested in knowing of problems with our registration system. And what might cause problems for new comers.
A registered user submitted a file to my project recorded by his wife because they could not see how to register her. Turns out, they were looking all over HIS computer screen for a Register button while he was logged in to LV. That got me looking around (while I was logged into LV on my computer) and I couldn't find the path to registering either, until Elijah (post above) came along with the answer to the mystery: you have to be logged out to see the Register button. :roll:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Ah! thanks for t he explanation. I always assume that I will someday find myself on the outside looking in with no knowledge of how to do it. Thanks again.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The librivox.org site also has a way to register, so it's not that difficult if you want to come back ever Phil :D

Anne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

annise wrote: February 10th, 2020, 4:05 pm The librivox.org site also has a way to register, so it's not that difficult if you want to come back ever Phil :D

Anne
Thank you Anne. I just watched my video "Don't Quit" and decided to hang in there with you guys for another few months.
msfry

Post by msfry »

philchenevert wrote: February 10th, 2020, 4:15 pm
annise wrote: February 10th, 2020, 4:05 pm The librivox.org site also has a way to register, so it's not that difficult if you want to come back ever Phil :D

Anne
Thank you Anne. I just watched my video "Don't Quit" and decided to hang in there with you guys for another few months.
That is not funny :(
unless you are doing reverse Spock talk, where months really mean years, and years really mean decades.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

"Live long and LibriVox."
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

unless you are doing reverse Spock talk, where months really mean years, and years really mean decades.
Sorry Michele. I do indeed plan to be here for a long time. This community and what we do is keeping me sane. :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

philchenevert wrote: February 10th, 2020, 4:39 pm
Sorry Michele. I do indeed plan to be here for a long time. This community and what we do is keeping me sane. :D
Join the club
If that's not USA talk - it means it keeps me sane too at present
Anne