COMPLETE[DR] Hearts of Three by Jack London - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, I forgot to note that when I posted the chapter. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep those or edit them out, so I was curious how it would sound to e fresh ear.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: December 6th, 2019, 7:21 pm Oh, I forgot to note that when I posted the chapter. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep those or edit them out, so I was curious how it would sound to e fresh ear.
At first I thought it was an error (of sorts) and then I saw what was what. It's the first one at 7:04 that threw me.

As I say, I think I like it.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK. When I started taking them out on the first stretch, the conversation flow seemed stranger than the gap that we're not used to hearing when listening to audiobooks.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: December 6th, 2019, 8:48 pm OK. When I started taking them out on the first stretch, the conversation flow seemed stranger than the gap that we're not used to hearing when listening to audiobooks.
If you're uncertain, we can always ask for another opinion.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Nah, I'm decided - I'm going to leave them in.
~Lynette * -
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: December 7th, 2019, 6:35 am Nah, I'm decided - I'm going to leave them in.
Forward!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: December 12th, 2019, 5:35 pm Chapter 2!

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/heartsofthree_02_london_128kb.mp3 (27:12)
PL OK!

Not quite 'Fantasy Island,' but I like the new theme song!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

KevinS wrote: December 13th, 2019, 9:36 am
LCaulkins wrote: December 12th, 2019, 5:35 pm Chapter 2!

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/heartsofthree_02_london_128kb.mp3 (27:12)
PL OK!

Not quite 'Fantasy Island,' but I like the new theme song!
Haha! Seriously - with the psychotic kissing, the shoot-out, and mass attack with crazy-man saving - it's quite the frolic!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

This is not forgotten - been dealing with a cough since Nov that has greatly weakened my vocal chords. I'm working my way through the sections I committed to at a time that I could do 2 or 3 per day. I'm currently restricted to 30 min of recording every 2 or 3 days, so my uploads are going to be quite slow, but reliable. Expect to get the next chapter of this book recorded in about a week.
~Lynette * -
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: February 9th, 2020, 11:01 am This is not forgotten - been dealing with a cough since Nov that has greatly weakened my vocal chords. I'm working my way through the sections I committed to at a time that I could do 2 or 3 per day. I'm currently restricted to 30 min of recording every 2 or 3 days, so my uploads are going to be quite slow, but reliable. Expect to get the next chapter of this book recorded in about a week.
Don't worry about it. Take it easy on your voice.

The mother and/or father in me asks: Have you seen a doctor?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

KevinS wrote: February 9th, 2020, 11:20 am
LCaulkins wrote: February 9th, 2020, 11:01 am This is not forgotten - been dealing with a cough since Nov that has greatly weakened my vocal chords. I'm working my way through the sections I committed to at a time that I could do 2 or 3 per day. I'm currently restricted to 30 min of recording every 2 or 3 days, so my uploads are going to be quite slow, but reliable. Expect to get the next chapter of this book recorded in about a week.
Don't worry about it. Take it easy on your voice.

The mother and/or father in me asks: Have you seen a doctor?
Yeah, I live with one. :) I get this cough every single year, but this year's is going way past its usual time. I just got the stern notification that it's time to hit it with a steroid blast. :roll: Not my favorite thing.
~Lynette * -
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Respect and obey your doctor. (That sometimes applies to one's husband, too!)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Pulling this baby out and shaking the dust off. :)

3 is a very long chapter, so it'll take me several days to get it recorded. But it's on its way at long last. . .
~Lynette * -
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: March 25th, 2020, 8:21 am Pulling this baby out and shaking the dust off. :)

3 is a very long chapter, so it'll take me several days to get it recorded. But it's on its way at long last. . .
Do you have a DPL? (Haha!)