Friday advice for the child in you

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Children, when your parents buy you inexpensive, plastic headphones, do not pick them up by one ear. You will find that over a short period of time, the headphones will break and the wire running to one ear will break also. That's a sad thing, isn't it? Yes. We were given two ears for a reason. Ask Daddy and Mummy to buy you something sturdy instead. Or be very, very careful.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

KevinS wrote: February 7th, 2020, 10:29 am Children, when your parents buy you inexpensive, plastic headphones, do not pick them up by one ear. You will find that over a short period of time, the headphones will break and the wire running to one ear will break also. That's a sad thing, isn't it? Yes. We were given two ears for a reason. Ask Daddy and Mummy to buy you something sturdy instead. Or be very, very careful.
Is this from experience Kevin? :lol: Yes, I take very good care of my headphones, but I thought I'd share a little story: About a year ago I had a pair of earbuds that broke on the left side. So I bought another pair but didn't throw away the last pair. It was interesting that after another week, the second pair broke as well, this time on the right side. But something that will interest you more, is that the one working earbud will last longer than both. So I bought a connector that connected two earbud connectors (I don't know what to call them :lol: ), and made it into one, without USB. So I listen through two different earbud cords. :lol:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Elijah, if you ever move more towards Milwaukee one day, I have some electrical for you to fix.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

My inner and outer child thank you Kevin for that sage advice. Image
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: February 7th, 2020, 4:25 pm
KevinS wrote: February 7th, 2020, 10:29 am Children, when your parents buy you inexpensive, plastic headphones, do not pick them up by one ear. You will find that over a short period of time, the headphones will break and the wire running to one ear will break also. That's a sad thing, isn't it? Yes. We were given two ears for a reason. Ask Daddy and Mummy to buy you something sturdy instead. Or be very, very careful.
Is this from experience Kevin? :lol: Yes, I take very good care of my headphones, but I thought I'd share a little story: About a year ago I had a pair of earbuds that broke on the left side. So I bought another pair but didn't throw away the last pair. It was interesting that after another week, the second pair broke as well, this time on the right side. But something that will interest you more, is that the one working earbud will last longer than both. So I bought a connector that connected two earbud connectors (I don't know what to call them :lol: ), and made it into one, without USB. So I listen through two different earbud cords. :lol:
Smart!
I'm not a person who likes to or is good at fixing things, otherwise this is an excellent idea!
I hate cheap earbuds that break easily. Recently though I got a really good quality pair of headphones so those are great and show no signs of breaking any time soon.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~