COMPLETE[PLAY]The Wonder-Working Magician by Pedro Calderón - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

Oh, I shouldn't as I've just kicked off two new solos...but I can't help myself.

May I have Fabius, please?
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Like your blog. If only there were more hours in the day....

Todd
Miller4815

Post by Miller4815 »

May I take the role of Lelius if it's still available?
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Clarin is recorded and just needs editing. Will have the files out to you soon!
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Miller4815 wrote: February 6th, 2020, 12:06 pm May I take the role of Lelius if it's still available?
Welcome. Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

NOTE: before you do anything else, you should do the one-minute test so that you can be sure your equipment is set up properly to give us files we can use. Don't want to find out that something isn't set right after doing a long recording. I will hold your claim a coupe weeks until that is complete.

THEN: The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. I have also made a short summary for the important special rules in drama, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which should be something like: "Iphicrate, prince in love with Eriphyle, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 2-3 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

WiltedScribe wrote: February 6th, 2020, 12:52 pm Clarin is recorded and just needs editing. Will have the files out to you soon!
Thank you.

Todd
spott

Post by spott »

I would love to claim the part of Justina for Acts 1 2 and 3! Please and thank you.
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

spott wrote: February 6th, 2020, 2:05 pm I would love to claim the part of Justina for Acts 1 2 and 3! Please and thank you.
Welcome. Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

NOTE: before you do anything else, you should do the one-minute test so that you can be sure your equipment is set up properly to give us files we can use. Don't want to find out that something isn't set right after doing a long recording. I will hold your claim a coupe weeks until that is complete.

THEN: The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. I have also made a short summary for the important special rules in drama, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which should be something like: "Iphicrate, prince in love with Eriphyle, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 2-3 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent, thank you Adam. Florus is still a little hot-headed ;) you're quite convincing at playing the jealous lover :mrgreen:

only a couple of notes here for correction:

> at 0:41: concerning the lines:
"Florus in Justina's house
Leaves and enters like a master!—
These are not unfounded jealousies,
These are real and substantial."
ok this sounded strange to me, because it's much more likely that Lelius would say this about Florus. So on a hunch I checked with the original scan (it's what I do), and indeed this is a quote for Lelius. Gutenberg had a mix-up here and in fact, two lines for Florus are missing here. Please cut this out, and instead insert:
"What shall I say ?
Never was I so embarrassed."

you can check here, page 180: https://archive.org/details/dramasca00cald/page/180/mode/2up

> from 3:30 till the end: starting with "being here": all this belongs to the third act. Could you cut it out here and make a separate file for this please ? Act 3 will then be complete, because all the lines are in :thumbs:

Thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

So on a hunch I checked with the original scan (it's what I do)
Sonia,

You are amazing!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
LaurenEmma3

Post by LaurenEmma3 »

Please could I claim ‘voice within’ in Act 2? Thank-you