[COMPLETE] When We Were Very Young - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

When We Were Very Young by A. A. Milne (1882 - 1956).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/when-we-were-very-young-version-2-by-a-a-milne/
This best-selling book of poetry by A. A. Milne was first published in 1924. The poems describe the adventures of Christopher Robin. In it we are introduced to Mr. Edward Bear later known as Winnie-the-Pooh. The poems are timeless and capture the joy and wonder of being a young child. ( AnnaLisa Bodtker)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.74113/page/n7
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*] Project Code: Ci2K5Qco

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (A. A. Milne) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._A._Milne

[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_We_Were_Very_Young
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 45
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1924
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================
[/size]
Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Poetry

Keywords that describe the book: poetry, poems, childhood, teddy bear, christopher robin, winnie the pooh

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of When We Were Very Young. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "When We Were Very Young, by A. A. Milne. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of When We Were Very Young by A. A. Milne. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of When We Were Very Young, by A. A. Milne. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename whenwewereveryyoung_##_milne_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. whenwewereveryyoung_01_milne_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: A. A. Milne
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: When We Were Very Young

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Now everyone, big or little, has a story.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow. May I dpl?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

miss stav wrote: January 28th, 2020, 6:48 am Wow. May I dpl?
Yes please and thank you!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I can MC this one for you! Back in a moment with your MW!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

We are ready to go! As soon as I know that everyone has seen this, I will move us over to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Moving on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Good morning Ann!

I will be recording this weekend. Since these are short poems is it possible to, starting with the second poem, to say '"poem title" by A. A. Milne read for Librivox.org by AnnaLisa Bodtker" and then at the end of each poem to say "end of "poem title". This recording is in the public domain."?

Thank you for your input.

AnnaLisa
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Yes, that is fine with me. Other readers who do poetry solo projects do that as well.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, are they that long? If so, you may have to split some.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

miss stav wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 11:21 am Wow, are they that long? If so, you may have to split some.

They are only about one minute. I know, the durations look like more than an hour. That's because she has the partial seconds as well. We are all good!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Ok I see. How about we remove the parcial seconds? I think it can cause confusion.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi I started to listen. The poems are lovely. But please fix the intro. It should be: "section x (name of the poem) of When We Were Very Young. This is a librivox recording, all librivox recordings are in the public domain". You record only the name of the poem. Could you fix it? Make sure the introes are correct and I will spot- check everything.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

miss stav wrote: March 13th, 2020, 4:28 pm Hi I started to listen. The poems are lovely. But please fix the intro. It should be: "section x (name of the poem) of When We Were Very Young. This is a librivox recording, all librivox recordings are in the public domain". You record only the name of the poem. Could you fix it? Make sure the introes are correct and I will spot- check everything.

Because these are poems, our soloist is allowed to use the poetry intro and outro. I checked one section, and that is the correct intro for such short works.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!