COMPLETE[PLAY]The Torch-Bearers by George Kelly - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Excellent job as well on Paula. I notice that at least three times during the course of this act, she was described as "inane". I hope you won't take it as an insult if I tell you that you captured that perfectly. :wink: One OPTIONAL note for you:

4:54 "There are matches there on that little table there, Fred." The very beginning of your first word seems to have been clipped off. It's still understandable, but doesn't sound as nice as it would otherwise. Maybe you cut it off in editing and still have the whole phrase in an older file? Or you may want to re-record it if you like. Or we can make do with what we have. Have a listen and see what you think.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

mightyfelix wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:47 pm Excellent job as well on Paula. I notice that at least three times during the course of this act, she was described as "inane". I hope you won't take it as an insult if I tell you that you captured that perfectly. :wink: One OPTIONAL note for you:

4:54 "There are matches there on that little table there, Fred." The very beginning of your first word seems to have been clipped off. It's still understandable, but doesn't sound as nice as it would otherwise. Maybe you cut it off in editing and still have the whole phrase in an older file? Or you may want to re-record it if you like. Or we can make do with what we have. Have a listen and see what you think.
Thank you! I also noticed she was described as "inane" several times so I'm that came across in my recording :D

I've uploaded the file again with the whole word. Looks like I did cut off the beginning of "there", probably when I was pasting in the blank spaces between lines. Whoops! If it still doesn't sound just right, let me know and I'd be happy to re-record that line.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_paularitter_1_128kb.mp3
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

I'll get these to you in the next couple days. Thanks for all your hard work!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Jenn, did you rerecord your files entirely, or did you just correct the errors I pointed out to you? In checking these, there are a few differences that I can't account for. The reason it's important to know is because if you only changed those parts, then I can just check those spots. But if you redid the whole thing, I need to listen to the whole thing again in case any other errors crept in.

EDIT: Actually, I can tell that in Act 2, there was just the one change, so I can mark that one PL ok now. But the file for Act 1 seems to be all different, so I think I will have to listen to the whole thing again.

EDIT again: Wow, I just realized that we have two Jenns! :shock: I meant Jenn P, our lovely Florence McCrickett. :D
Last edited by mightyfelix on February 6th, 2020, 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

jennlea wrote: February 1st, 2020, 2:36 pm
mightyfelix wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:47 pm Excellent job as well on Paula. I notice that at least three times during the course of this act, she was described as "inane". I hope you won't take it as an insult if I tell you that you captured that perfectly. :wink: One OPTIONAL note for you:

Thank you! I also noticed she was described as "inane" several times so I'm that came across in my recording :D

I've uploaded the file again with the whole word. Looks like I did cut off the beginning of "there", probably when I was pasting in the blank spaces between lines. Whoops! If it still doesn't sound just right, let me know and I'd be happy to re-record that line.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_paularitter_1_128kb.mp3
Perfect, PL ok now!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

jennlea wrote: February 6th, 2020, 6:27 am Here is Act 2 for Paula Ritter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_paularitter_2_128kb.mp3
Nice job! Nothing missing, and it sounds great! I'll mark it PL ok.

A note for Todd: There is an extraneous space at 4:50 that will need to be cut. :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Stage Directions update:

First edit of Act I done. Just want to go through it to make sure nothing is missing. Don't want Sonia to give me a bunch of corrections to do . . .
It will be about 87 minutes. I've got the Part intros and outros done.

Act II recorded. I think it will come in at about 60 minutes when edited.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Please record somewhere the words "part 1" and "part 2" so I can cut them in where I have to break the acts apart.

It won't be Sonia making comments on this - this is not PD for her nor many others. But I just couldn't resist offering it!

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nope, you've me to deal with now! :twisted: :lol:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: February 7th, 2020, 2:01 pm Nope, you've me to deal with now! :twisted: :lol:
Oh, right! I forgot that.
I know you'll be tough on me, so go ahead. :lol:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry