[COMPLETE] On Everything, by Hilaire Belloc - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

yatsuatari wrote: January 28th, 2020, 7:35 pm I would gladly read the part of the narrator in “Asmodius”, ch. 15.

One question...Is it correct that I just pause and leave space where the other parts will be read ? Thank you.
That would be great!

I've provided a color-coded script for that chapter.
You will find the link under point 4 of the intiial post under the link to the book.

Narrator is all in black.
Read your voice credit " Narrator read by -- your name --
and read the intro as given. The other readers will do their voice credits.

Leave about 3 seconds between your narrator lines. They are mostly short ones, with a couple of short paragrphs.

Read the outro at the end.

Let me know if you have other questions or need halp with this.
~ Larry
yatsuatari

Post by yatsuatari »

Thanks for the information. I will narrate for the Visitor as well if you still need it.
Chapter 12...section 43. Thanks again.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

yatsuatari wrote: January 28th, 2020, 11:05 pm Thanks for the information. I will narrate for the Visitor as well if you still need it.
Chapter 12...section 43. Thanks again.
That would be great.
Thanks so much!
~ Larry
eakahn

Post by eakahn »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/oneverything_08_belloc_128kb.mp3

File duration 12:31

I would appreciate a clarification of the status of my last chapter, which I uploaded 8 days ago. Has this been rejected, forgotten or just not gotten around to yet?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

eakahn wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:28 am https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/oneverything_08_belloc_128kb.mp3

File duration 12:31

I would appreciate a clarification of the status of my last chapter, which I uploaded 8 days ago. Has this been rejected, forgotten or just not gotten around to yet?
Ah, well, it seems you didn't post your link. I've gone through all the posts and I see only your not for Section 5. If you don't post in the forums, we don't know that it's been uploaded.

These are both no in the MW Ready for PL.
I'll let our DPL know they are ready, but sometimes we can't get to things as quickly as we would like.

Thanks so much for your prompt recordings! :D
~ Larry
eakahn

Post by eakahn »

silverquill wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:46 am

Ah, well, it seems you didn't post your link. I've gone through all the posts and I see only your not for Section 5. If you don't post in the forums, we don't know that it's been uploaded.
I am asking about section 5, uploaded on the 24th. Section 2, uploaded on the 25th, was approved several days ago, which is causing my concern that my section may have been overlooked.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

eakahn wrote: February 1st, 2020, 2:34 am
I am asking about section 5, uploaded on the 24th. Section 2, uploaded on the 25th, was approved several days ago, which is causing my concern that my section may have been overlooked.
OK, well that wasn't clear to me from your message.

Anyway, the status is given in the Magic Window -- Ready for PL
That means exactly what it says.
Although we try to do the proof listening within a few days, it sometimes takes a little longer. We are all volunteers with various demands on our time, and there are a lot of things that can cause a delay, so just be patient. I do a lot of PL work myself, and know how easy it is to get a little behind. I've sent a PM to our DPL who is fairly new, so you should hear something soon.

Thank you for contributing to this project! :thumbs:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
In the MW Ready for PL

(And, I'll get to your chapter in book introductions soon).
~ Larry
yatsuatari

Post by yatsuatari »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
Ready for PL
~ Larry
LynnJM

Post by LynnJM »

silverquill wrote: February 4th, 2020, 11:01 pm
Thank you!
Ready for PL
Hello, this passed PL, but there is a ~6 second silence between the intro and the reading of the chapter. Larry, is this ok? I marked the status as See PL Notes for now.
Last edited by LynnJM on February 5th, 2020, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
LynnJM

Post by LynnJM »

silverquill wrote: February 1st, 2020, 8:18 am
eakahn wrote: February 1st, 2020, 2:34 am
OK, well that wasn't clear to me from your message.

Anyway, the status is given in the Magic Window -- Ready for PL
That means exactly what it says.
Although we try to do the proof listening within a few days, it sometimes takes a little longer. We are all volunteers with various demands on our time, and there are a lot of things that can cause a delay, so just be patient. I do a lot of PL work myself, and know how easy it is to get a little behind. I've sent a PM to our DPL who is fairly new, so you should hear something soon.

Thank you for contributing to this project! :thumbs:
Hello, my apologies for the delay. I plan to catch up on all chapters this week.

Chapter 5 PL OK. Thank you!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

LynnJM wrote: February 5th, 2020, 9:35 am
silverquill wrote: February 4th, 2020, 11:01 pm
Thank you!
Ready for PL
s

Hello, this passed PL, but there is a ~6 second silence between the intro and the reading of the chapter. Larry, is this ok? I marked the status as See PL Notes for now.
Marginal, but I agree, the pause there is a bit long for natural listening. Probably about 2 secs is better. There are also some clicks (sounds like a mouse scroll wheel) that could be edited out.
~ Larry
yatsuatari

Post by yatsuatari »