[COMPLETE DR]Dr Dolittle's Post Office, Hugh Lofting - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

Elizabby wrote: December 21st, 2019, 4:22 am Speedy ch 1 is PL OK! That's the last chapter so Speedy is all done!
Yay! Thanks, Beth!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is narrator for Section 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_02_128kb.mp3 18:10

Didn't know Dr. Dolittle was a fellow philatelist.
Bet he has an original "Penny Black" and I don't. :lol:

I see PL Notes in the MW for Section 1, but I can't find them . . . .
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mightyfelix wrote: October 13th, 2019, 6:44 pm Excellent job on section 1, Larry! :clap: Superb. Nothing missing, and it all sounds great! I'll ask for a slight adjustment to the intro, though, because I'd like to change one thing about our section arrangement. :oops:

After a little more thought, I've decided that I ought to separate the prologue into its own section, to which I will add the cast list. If you wouldn't mind, please change this intro to say "Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2 of...." instead of "Prologue and Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2..." Also, since you'll be changing this one thing, there was a spot at 7:35, after "let the canoe drift," where a pause would be very helpful.

In addition, will you please submit another file (you can name it the same with section number 0) that just says "Prologue of Doctor Dolittle's Post Office" and "End of Prologue." You don't have to rearrange anything else or even do another disclaimer. I'll take care of all that. I'm sorry to ask you to make this change, since it's something I should have planned for in advance. I promise I won't be making any more changes like this, though! :D
Here are the changes I asked for on section 1, Larry. Sorry again, because everything was perfect on your end.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: December 30th, 2019, 10:12 am Here is narrator for Section 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_02_128kb.mp3 18:10

Didn't know Dr. Dolittle was a fellow philatelist.
Bet he has an original "Penny Black" and I don't. :lol:

I see PL Notes in the MW for Section 1, but I can't find them . . . .
I'll add this to the MW when I can, but it might not be until the weekend. I'm leaving town as soon as I'm done at work tomorrow. I reposted the notes for section 1 above.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Plans for this week changed, and we came back a little early. But we're setting out again tomorrow, for a new destination. :roll:

But I had enough time to catch up on PLing. Section 2 narration is PL ok! :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

And, here is Part 3 for Narrator.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_03_128kb.mp3 14:19

I've got to remember to do the revisions on Part 1.

Guess I'll try to see the new Dolittle movie, but I'm sure it won't measure up to our own fine LV productions. :mrgreen:
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well done, Larry! Definitely PL ok. No rush on section 1. Unless you just want to check it off the list, which I entirely understand. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And I just PMed our Dolittle, since we haven't heard from him since October or so.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: October 13th, 2019, 6:44 pm Excellent job on section 1, Larry! :clap: Superb. Nothing missing, and it all sounds great! I'll ask for a slight adjustment to the intro, though, because I'd like to change one thing about our section arrangement. :oops:

After a little more thought, I've decided that I ought to separate the prologue into its own section, to which I will add the cast list. If you wouldn't mind, please change this intro to say "Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2 of...." instead of "Prologue and Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2..." Also, since you'll be changing this one thing, there was a spot at 7:35, after "let the canoe drift," where a pause would be very helpful.

In addition, will you please submit another file (you can name it the same with section number 0) that just says "Prologue of Doctor Dolittle's Post Office" and "End of Prologue." You don't have to rearrange anything else or even do another disclaimer. I'll take care of all that. I'm sorry to ask you to make this change, since it's something I should have planned for in advance. I promise I won't be making any more changes like this, though! :D
Not a problem at all - very simple and quick fixes -- just took me awhile to get it done. :roll:

Did a new intro and added the space of Part 1, and did the Prologue intro.
Let me know if you need anything else on these - glad to do them.

Saw the new Dolittle movie, which was actually quite entertaining in its way. Now I have to see that earlier one.....

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_00_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_narrator_01_128kb.mp3
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Larry. I should be able to do these PLs tomorrow, since they will be very quick.

I also saw the new Dolittle. There were a few roll-my-eyes elements in it. It seemed to me like they were trying too hard to appeal to an adult audience, instead of just allowing it to be the fun kid adventure that it was written as. But overall, it was fun.

The Rex Harrison version is still my favorite. If course, it's a musical, so that's a big plus for me.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Larry, all narrator files so far are PL ok! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

It just occurred to me (painfully) that we no longer have a DPL for this project. I've posted here, requesting one: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78059
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: February 1st, 2020, 12:04 pm It just occurred to me (painfully) that we no longer have a DPL for this project. I've posted here, requesting one: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78059
I can do it, Devorah. Does the DPL read the finished chapters or the parts, or both?

I really miss Beth. She was such a positive presence around here and she will be sorely missed. But her voice will continue on though the many projects she participated in.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, TJ. Definitely the finished chapters will need to be PLed. I'd prefer that the DPL PL the parts as well, but if need be I can do that.

We all miss her, I know. We'll feel her loss for some time to come. 💜
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: February 1st, 2020, 4:40 pm Thanks, TJ. Definitely the finished chapters will need to be PLed. I'd prefer that the DPL PL the parts as well, but if need be I can do that.

We all miss her, I know. We'll feel her loss for some time to come. 💜
Yes, indeed. 💜
I can be the DPL. There's nothing that needs to be PLed now, correct?