COMPLETE[ADVENTURE] Ben, the Luggage Boy; or, Among the Wharves by Horatio Alger, Jr. - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Todd has no idea, but hopes he can fix it during cataloging....

Thanks, Todd
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TomHersant wrote: January 27th, 2020, 9:46 pm Lynette, dear saintly Lynette: Please excuse my foundational level of Duffesness in uploading an older file instead of the corrected one. The polite way in which you pointed-out my inattention is noteworthy. Hence that note.

I'm sober now, not that a lack of sobriety contributed to my oversight but I'm trying to put a bit of ego salve on my screwup, and here is the corrected file BUT without the proper naming convention!!! I have renamed the file without that unwanted _ just before the .mp3. It is correct on my desktop. It is correct on the “Get Info” display of the file. It is correct when I select it for the upload. But lo and behold it appears when I upload the file to the server, to wit:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bentheluggageboy_01_alger,jr._128kb_.mp3

I hope you can fix it at your end. There is a bewitchment at this end.

It is all of 18:02" duration.

Tommy
Perfect editing of the "motioning," by the way! Ch. 1 PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Here is Chapter 15, length of 12:19.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bentheluggageboy_15_alger,jr.128kb_.mp3

Sorry about the insufferable _ just before the file type . . . can't get rid the little devil. (Might it be due to the "." after jr?

Tommy
Blackboards are truly remarkable!
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Behold, I changed the name of Chapter 16 to use a "_" instead of the "." following jr and it did not add the bothersome "_" just before the file type, to wit:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bentheluggageboy_16_alger,jr_128kb.mp3

I will also send Chapter 16 with the bloody . so that you have all the files in the same format. Length of Chapter 16 is 12:19.

Tommy
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

And here is Chapter 16 with the "." after jr: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bentheluggageboy_16_alger,jr.128kb_.mp3
Sure enough, the "_" reappeared. Length is 12'19".

Tommy
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Correction to the length of Chapter 16: it is 12'25".

Tommy
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

According to the Magic Window Chapters 20, 21, 22, 23 are still open. If so, I'd be glad to take them.

Tommy
jigraves

Post by jigraves »

Hello, I would like Section 20 Chapter XX please. Thank you!
Jackie Graves
Noblesville, IN

Constructive feedback and criticism is always welcome. Thank you!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TomHersant wrote: January 29th, 2020, 12:25 am Behold, I changed the name of Chapter 16 to use a "_" instead of the "." following jr and it did not add the bothersome "_" just before the file type, to wit:

I will also send Chapter 16 with the bloody . so that you have all the files in the same format. Length of Chapter 16 is 12:19.

Tommy
Tom, you are a genius! I would never have thought of trying that. Todd, shall we change the files to this format?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TomHersant wrote: January 29th, 2020, 12:39 am According to the Magic Window Chapters 20, 21, 22, 23 are still open. If so, I'd be glad to take them.

Tommy
jigraves wrote: January 29th, 2020, 7:55 am Hello, I would like Section 20 Chapter XX please. Thank you!
Tommy, as you asked first, I will assign all those chapters to you in the MW, but I'm wondering if you mind if we give 20 to jigraves? :)
~Lynette * -
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

LCaulkins wrote: January 29th, 2020, 8:20 am
TomHersant wrote: January 29th, 2020, 12:25 am Behold, I changed the name of Chapter 16 to use a "_" instead of the "." following jr and it did not add the bothersome "_" just before the file type, to wit:

Tommy
Tom, you are a genius! I would never have thought of trying that. Todd, shall we change the files to this format?
I think I can make this change when I do the cataloging. Maybe - my computer skills are nil. But I shall try.

Thanks, Todd
hypsypops

Post by hypsypops »

I would like to claim chapter 22 (XXII) please!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK, we'll drop the jr period from now on.

The initial post still won't let me edit it, Todd - can you go take that . off the jr in the directions for naming the files? Thank you so much. (we need a batting eyelashes icon for begging)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

hypsypops wrote: January 29th, 2020, 10:33 am I would like to claim chapter 22 (XXII) please!
Hello, hypsypops (love that name)

It's not in the MW yet, but Tommy has already claimed that section. If you're looking for something, may I ask if you'd like to do City News Editor, or News Editor Colleague in The Bat? They are just bit parts, but if so, post a reply over there, and I'll assign the role of your choice. :)
~Lynette * -
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

LCaulkins wrote: January 29th, 2020, 10:33 am OK, we'll drop the jr period from now on.

The initial post still won't let me edit it, Todd - can you go take that . off the jr in the directions for naming the files? Thank you so much. (we need a batting eyelashes icon for begging)
Done.

Thanks, Todd