COMPLETE [DR] - The Bat (novel), by Mary Roberts Rinehart-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

This was tons of fun. Let me know if you need anything else from me. It's been a real pleasure, and thank your for the feedback. It's so great. It sometimes feels like I'm just sending audio files into the void so getting a response to my work is so precious. Thank you again, and also let me know if you have another project you think I'd be good for. I'll keep an eye out for your projects as well.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

:lol: No, I am not the quilter in the house- that’s why I was hanging out in the office. After all these years living with one, though, I am practically a quilter by osmosis.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JtotheP716 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 4:05 pm This was tons of fun. Let me know if you need anything else from me. It's been a real pleasure, and thank your for the feedback. It's so great. It sometimes feels like I'm just sending audio files into the void so getting a response to my work is so precious. Thank you again, and also let me know if you have another project you think I'd be good for. I'll keep an eye out for your projects as well.
(Your Lizzie chapters are all loaded into the MW)

Well, I sure am glad you came along! We couldn't have found a more perfect Lizzie. :)

If you feel like it, I had once come across a short story that just begs to be read by someone with a Celtic-related accent.

It is this one: The Coming of Lugh: A Celtic Wonder-Tale Retold, by Ella Young e-book at Project Gutenberg

I didn't see an established collection project that this would fit into, so I've started one here: Myths and Legends Around the World (in English) - Collection 001
Once it is approved by an MC, and its Magic Window is created, The Coming of Lugh will be its first section. I'll hold it for you - let me know what you think, and I'll assign the section to you or delete the hold. (Remaining sections will be completely open for people to choose whatever coordination short story they want to record.)

Also, while I was seeing if there is already an appropriate collection going for Lugh, I saw this:

The Book of Irish Poetry, part II

It has quite a few sections open for folks to claim.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: January 24th, 2020, 11:48 am https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_[Cornelia_Van_Gorder]_[05]_128kb.mp3

Here's chapter 5 with the line added in (11:05).
Thank you very much for fixing my scripting mistake. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
caulkinsh

Post by caulkinsh »

Here's Dale, chapter 3 :)
File duration 05:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_dale_3_128kb.mp3

caulkinsh
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

caulkinsh wrote: January 25th, 2020, 3:39 pm Here's Dale, chapter 3 :)
File duration 05:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_dale_3_128kb.mp3

caulkinsh
Woohoo!! :D Thank you

Dale ch. 3 is PL OK :thumbs:
Yep - moving the mic resolved that problem nicely.
~Lynette * -
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

LCaulkins wrote: January 24th, 2020, 10:00 am
JtotheP716 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 4:05 pm This was tons of fun. Let me know if you need anything else from me. It's been a real pleasure, and thank your for the feedback. It's so great. It sometimes feels like I'm just sending audio files into the void so getting a response to my work is so precious. Thank you again, and also let me know if you have another project you think I'd be good for. I'll keep an eye out for your projects as well.
(Your Lizzie chapters are all loaded into the MW)

Well, I sure am glad you came along! We couldn't have found a more perfect Lizzie. :)

If you feel like it, I had once come across a short story that just begs to be read by someone with a Celtic-related accent.

It is this one: The Coming of Lugh: A Celtic Wonder-Tale Retold, by Ella Young e-book at Project Gutenberg

I didn't see an established collection project that this would fit into, so I've started one here: Myths and Legends Around the World (in English) - Collection 001
Once it is approved by an MC, and its Magic Window is created, The Coming of Lugh will be its first section. I'll hold it for you - let me know what you think, and I'll assign the section to you or delete the hold. (Remaining sections will be completely open for people to choose whatever coordination short story they want to record.)

Also, while I was seeing if there is already an appropriate collection going for Lugh, I saw this:

The Book of Irish Poetry, part II

It has quite a few sections open for folks to claim.
I'll definitely take a look at it.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Lizzie chapters 10, 11, 15 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Chapter 16 has a couple missing lines:
-At :27, (after "He hadn't any face. He was all black where his face out to be."), we need: "Maybe. I don't know."
-At :30, (after "Don't go out there!"), we need: a shriek and then "He's there, I tell you," ahead of "I'm not crazy."

EDIT: Chapters 18, 19, 20, 21 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Chapter 17 has a couple missing lines:
-At :04 first line: "Oh, Oh!"
-At :18 we need "Down there, Where The Bat is?" (before "Don't you believe it.")

(And nice catch on ch. 18 where I'd incorrectly colored a Bailey line as one of yours, fixed now.)
Last edited by LCaulkins on January 28th, 2020, 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

LCaulkins wrote: January 27th, 2020, 11:30 am
Lizzie chapters 10, 11, 15 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Chapter 16 has a couple missing lines:
-At :27, (after "He hadn't any face. He was all black where his face out to be."), we need: "Maybe. I don't know."
-At :30, (after "Don't go out there!"), we need: a shriek and then "He's there, I tell you," ahead of "I'm not crazy."

EDIT: Chapters 18, 19, 20, 21 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Chapter 17 has a couple missing lines:
-At :04 first line: "Oh, Oh!"
-At :18 we need "Down there, Where The Bat is?" (before "Don't you believe it.")

(And nice catch on ch. 18 where I'd incorrectly colored a Bailey line as one of yours, fixed now.)

I get on these tomorrow!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you! The MW is being super weird, but I think I got all the chapters linked in. :)
~Lynette * -