[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Thank you so much Rachel. Also I wanted to apologize that I never got around to PLing your section :oops: :( I'm so sorry I forgot!
benderca

Post by benderca »

JayKitty76 wrote: October 30th, 2019, 2:52 pm
benderca wrote: October 26th, 2019, 5:22 am
dlolso21 wrote: October 25th, 2019, 12:48 pm
Thank you so so much TJ! That helps like crazy. I think it's just like one word or something (don't quote me on it though) but it's really short. Thanks so much, you're a lifesaver!
No problem, David. Jasmin has offered 10 different versions of "I'm going" for you to choose from:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_harelip_19_missingline.mp3

She even gives you a yawn for the "sleepily" part.
'I'm going,' said Harelip sleepily.
This is amazing!
Please tell Jasmin thank you for me... this was really sweet of her (and you) to help fill in for my mistake. :9:

I liked versions 2, 4 and 8 (I think that was it, hard to count :lol: ). I'll choose one of those during the editing stage.

Again thank you so so much, she was probably the best fit for William's voice and she did a fantastic job. (And ten different versions too! :D )

Oh and this goes without saying- but all ten versions were PL OK :lol:
Thanks, Rachel! We aim to please! :D I'll pass your message on to Jasmin. :9:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: October 30th, 2019, 7:44 pm Thank you so much Rachel. Also I wanted to apologize that I never got around to PLing your section :oops: :( I'm so sorry I forgot!
No problem, it's okay. :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 2:06 pm Nurse 25 & 26 are PL OK! Nice work Rachel! :D
Thank you EJ! :D
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Edited chapter 19, ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_19_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Wow, I didn't realize this project had started so long ago! :shock: I was like "wait, what are the chances that we would start it on April 1st at exactly 12:30pm?" and then I remembered... oh yeah :wink:

Anyway, chapter 19 clocks in at 10:28. I'll get it in the MW myself though. Sorry for not editing for so long! I forgot about it and then the Christmas holidays set in... Image
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Just checking in to see what we've got to do here...

Looks like it's a lot of editing work. I'll probably pitch in a little bit more during the summer when I have more time to edit for long periods of time, but for now going a bit slower with this. Thank you!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: January 6th, 2020, 12:27 pm Just checking in to see what we've got to do here...

Looks like it's a lot of editing work. I'll probably pitch in a little bit more during the summer when I have more time to edit for long periods of time, but for now going a bit slower with this. Thank you!
Sorry, I've been slow too... same here...
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
linny

Post by linny »

Would you like some assistance with editing or PL of final chapters?
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

linny wrote: January 24th, 2020, 10:47 am Would you like some assistance with editing or PL of final chapters?
Hi linny!
Wow, I am so sorry... I haven't PLed anything in a long time! To be honest, I think I forgot about my duties here :oops: I will try to be more caught up on it, but yes, help would be wonderful, thank you for the offer! I think Bhavya is on the editing team as well, but I don't think she's been very active lately.
Thanks for the offer. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
linny

Post by linny »

OK, I'll get started...

Chapter 4
4:03 – repeat – princess’

Overall the volume is a bit challenging. Some of the voices are hard to hear and others seem very loud.

Chapter 7
1:49 repeat – and branchings off

The overall volume is too low at 85dB. Instead of amplifying the entire file maybe just amplify the narrator. This chapter too has high / low volume inconsistencies.

Chapter 11
There is a 6 second ending silence. It's probably ok to leave it that long though. PL OK.

Chapters 17, 19, 20, and 29
PL OK

Chapter 31
4:15 – page turn
5:07 – door slam

Overall the volume is a bit challenging. Some of the voices are hard to hear and others seem very loud.

Chapter 32
PL OK
linny

Post by linny »

Depending on how much PLing comes in overnight I should be able to start editing tomorrow.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Thank you, linny.
I don't think you have access to the MW...so I'll just put these in for you.
Thanks again!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

linny wrote: January 24th, 2020, 2:19 pm Overall the volume is a bit challenging. Some of the voices are hard to hear and others seem very loud.
As a (very!) experienced volunteer you know how difficult it is to keep a relatively similar volume on DRs... I will, however, review the recordings you've noted and try to normalize/amplify a bit. :wink: Thank you for all your help, it is very much appreciated.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
linny

Post by linny »

I generally put all the parts through mp3Gain or the Checker first to see what the volumes of each part is. Then I adjust them all to come in around 89dB and noise clean if necessary. Only then do I begin editing. Let me know if you need any help with the edits. If not, I'll start on the other chapters.