COMPLETE [SOLO]Little Blue Book, 646: The Spirit of Brazilian Literature - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Little Blue Book 646: The Spirit of Brazilian Literature by Isaac Goldberg (1887 - 1938).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/little-blue-book-646-the-spirit-of-brazilian-literature-by-isaac-goldberg/
One of the many Little Blue Books published to make learning available to all. These were short, informative, and inexpensive books that discussed many topics, including biographies, literature, essays, and more. This volume discusses Brazilian literature in a historical context. ( KevinS)

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of Little Blue Book 646: The Spirit of Brazilian Literature. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Little Blue Book 646: The Spirit of Brazilian Literature, by Isaac Goldberg. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of Little Blue Book 646: The Spirit of Brazilian Literature by Isaac Goldberg. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Little Blue Book 646: The Spirit of Brazilian Literature, by Isaac Goldberg. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename littlebluebook646_#_goldberg_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. littlebluebook646_1_goldberg_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Isaac Goldberg
Title: # - [Section title]
Album: Little Blue Book 646: The Spirit of Brazilian Literature

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: aradlaw
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]

The incomparable Leni is our DPL.
Last edited by KevinS on January 22nd, 2020, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I would like to see others record the various Little Blue Books as a part of a series or collection. I will certainly do my part.

55 pages of very creditable criticism.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

I'll MC this for you Kevin, MW coming soon. :)
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

aradlaw wrote: January 21st, 2020, 8:44 am I'll MC this for you Kevin, MW coming soon. :)
Thank you!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I don't know if I should be announcing the parts as they get uploaded.

1 and 2 done.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello, can I PL?
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Leni wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 9:08 am Hello, can I PL?
I would love that! Please!

Feel free to be critical. I want to put the best face forward for the nation's literature.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I've just discovered that 8 pages are missing from this text. (From Chapter 4.) I can't believe it!

I will look for another copy to supplement (or replace) this one.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Here we go. That wasn't too hard.

https://books.google.com/books?id=xCABAAAAMAAJ&dq=The+Spirit+of+Brazilian+Literature+by+Isaac+Goldberg&source=gbs_navlinks_s

It is a free e-book from Google, but I don't know who has access to it. I will download it and place it, for PLing, on my Google drive site.

Leni, please bear with me while I get this done.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 1, PLing notes:

@02:31 repetition: "The History of Brazil"
@10:09 repetition: Without this, however deep...
@18:50 repetition: "an upper crust of"
@19:32 - Self-assertion (in) art - The "in" can't be heard, so the sentence is difficult to understand.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

KevinS wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 4:21 pm Here we go. That wasn't too hard.

https://books.google.com/books?id=xCABAAAAMAAJ&dq=The+Spirit+of+Brazilian+Literature+by+Isaac+Goldberg&source=gbs_navlinks_s

It is a free e-book from Google, but I don't know who has access to it. I will download it and place it, for PLing, on my Google drive site.

Leni, please bear with me while I get this done.
Oh, always annoying having missing pages in the middle of a book. Happens somewhat often, unfortunately. No pressure from my side. :)
Leni
=================
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Welcome Leni, I see this book is well underway. Off we go to Going Solo. :)
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapter 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/littlebluebook646_4_goldberg_128kb.mp3

27:00

Hope I did this correctly. This is the chapter where I had to use the two texts.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chap. 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/littlebluebook646_5_goldberg_128kb.mp3

10:33

Boy, it's hard for me to shift swiftly from the English tongue to the Portuguese tongue and back again!