COMPLETE [DR] - The Bat (novel), by Mary Roberts Rinehart-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you so much, again, for bringing your Dublin accent for Lizzie! Your reading of her is perfection - it couldn't be any smidge better as a pairing with Ciufi's Cornelia :)

Ch. 2 and Ch. 3 PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

We do need the ALL lines from you, though - just put them at the front of your next file. :) Here they are:

ALL lines:

“Get him! Get him! Get him! Get him!” (use a relaxed Get’im approach)

And a little more urgently: “Get him! Get him! Get him!” (enunciate both words)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

hsparent55 wrote: January 19th, 2020, 6:33 am Richard Fleming, Chapter 9 ready for PL, with the struggle included at the end. Time is 6:33

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_fleming_9_128kb.mp3

Thanks for including me in this project, it was so much fun to do, I had to go watch the movie with Vincent Price to find out more about the story which helped alot. I'm trying really hard to get into character when I do these reads, but sometimes I'm afraid it might sound fake. Hoping to get better as I do other roles in the future!

EJ
You know, we really are fortunate with the set of voices coming together on this project! Thank you for your Most Excellent reading of Fleming. :)

Ch. 9 PL OK :thumbs:

Hey- your accent would be wonderful in the Andrew the Glad project, if you enjoyed doing some dramatic reading here.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

LCaulkins wrote: January 19th, 2020, 9:46 am
Thank you so much, again, for bringing your Dublin accent for Lizzie! Your reading of her is perfection - it couldn't be any smidge better as a pairing with Ciufi's Cornelia :)

Ch. 2 and Ch. 3 PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

We do need the ALL lines from you, though - just put them at the front of your next file. :) Here they are:

ALL lines:

“Get him! Get him! Get him! Get him!” (use a relaxed Get’im approach)

And a little more urgently: “Get him! Get him! Get him!” (enunciate both words)
Sorry about that! I'll get those to you tout suite.
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks for Cornelia 5 and Lizzie 4 :)
~Lynette * -
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Got 'em :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

My husband and I keep bustin' up laughing. Your Lizzie is hilarious perfection!

Lizzie - Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

(and thanks for the All lines - got those captured for that file) :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: January 20th, 2020, 2:38 pm Here's Cornelia ch. 5 (10:57):
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_[Cornelia_Van_Gorder]_[05]_128kb.mp3
Ciufi, sorry to take so long getting here! I can't wait until we can start putting some of these chapters together. You and Jennifer have the most fantabulous thing going with the Cornelia and Lizzie roles. :)

Your recording for this chapter is flawless, but despite 3 proofreads, I missed one of Cornelia's lines when I scripted the chapter. Would have helped if it wasn't missing it's quote marks. . .

Would you mind, terribly, inserting the line at 8:25? Following ("How lovely she looks in that evening wrap") and some space, we should have:

"But how tired, too. I wish I knew what was worrying her."
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

No problem at all! But my dining room is full of quilt ladies at the moment, so I will have to do that when the house is quieter. :D
In the meantime, here is chapter 6 (8:31):

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_[Cornelia_Van_Gorder]_[06]_128kb.mp3
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 2:05 pm No problem at all! But my dining room is full of quilt ladies at the moment, so I will have to do that when the house is quieter. :D
In the meantime, here is chapter 6 (8:31):

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_[Cornelia_Van_Gorder]_[06]_128kb.mp3
Oh! Are you a quilter, too? :) I just finished making some swan blocks and will put that top together this weekend. It will be a throw quilt for my bedroom. I also need to do the quilting on our daughter's quilt for grad school graduation. I've been letting it intimidate me for a while, using LibriVox work to procrastinate the figuring-out part for the quilting plan. :lol:

Cornelia chapter 6 is PL OK, by the way. :thumbs:
Last edited by LCaulkins on January 23rd, 2020, 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -