COMPLETE[DR]DR Scene and Story Collection, Volume 002 by Various - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SeamusD

Post by SeamusD »

Hi there, would I be able to claim the part of Mr. Dupin in The Purloined Letter if that one is still orphaned? Thanks!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

All full up now.

Thanks, Todd
SeamusD

Post by SeamusD »

Thanks very much!
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

SeamusD wrote: January 20th, 2020, 12:43 am Hi there, would I be able to claim the part of Mr. Dupin in The Purloined Letter if that one is still orphaned? Thanks!
Thanks! I appreciate the help!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is another updated status report on this project.

DRs 1, 2, 5, 7, and 9 are complete. 50% completed. Hooray!

DR 3 (BC=ChuckW) has all parts claimed, awaiting submittal of Mr C Dupin.

DR 4 Kitty will be new BC since Lucas has not completed. She will read "another cabman" and also PL all the other parts - they have been languishing without PL since submittal: hopefully this late PL will not generate too many PL notes. I will edit when the parts are ready.

DR 6 (BC=RobMarland) awaits a fix on one part and it can then be assembled.

DR 8 (BC is now LCaulkins since Foon is not around). Submitted parts are all PL'd (thank you) and we're waiting on files for three roles so it can be assembled.

DR 10 (BC=silverquill) has all parts submitted, with two needing PL fixes before assembly.

The end is in sight.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I have a go at PLing the parts for the stolen bacillus, as people have been waiting for a long time for their feedback already.

Starting with the narrator:
Availle wrote: November 17th, 2019, 1:35 amHere is the narration for "The Stolen Bacillus", at 14:06:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol002__stolenbacillus_wells_128kb.mp3
thank you, Availle, lovely narration. And the story was very interesting with a funny twist at the end :lol:

There is only one missed line, which was colour-coded wrongly, so you missed it:

> at about 4:30: please insert: "A disturbing thought struck him. He turned to the bench by the vapour-bath, and then very quickly to his writing-table. Then he felt hastily in his pockets, and then rushed to the door."

Thanks ! and on to the next.

Oh and I can do the Other Cabman too, so we can get this finished up soon 8-)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

johnnyenglish wrote: June 27th, 2019, 5:35 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/stolenbacillus_bacteriologist_wells.mp3
4:31.07
Any probs, you know where I am!
next up: Bacteriologist. No problems there, can be marked PL ok straight away. Great characterization, Andrew, you were playing him out quite composed, but a bit distracted, just the way he was portrayed in the story. :thumbs:

Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

one more:
ToddHW wrote: December 31st, 2019, 2:13 pmI also read The Anarchist in Wells to help that DR along.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/stolenbacillus_anarchist_wells_128kb.mp3
:lol: you sound like you swallowed the bacteria already in your voice credit :mrgreen: excellent job, Todd. I especially love it when you display the crazy mass-murderer attitude (ok, that sounds sick :roll: ) no but seriously, I can see the crazed-out gleam in your eye when you say "devastate a city. Wonderful" :shock: priceless !

There is only a bit missing, again due to colouring errors:

> at about 2:11: missed lines: “More,” he shouted, “if only we get away.

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah this cockney interpretation was a special treat, Rob. Gotta love Old Tootles :thumbs: Perfectly PL ok. I think this part of the story will be especially funny later on.

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Eitel wrote: December 20th, 2019, 7:53 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thestolenbacillus_olsterboy_hgwells.mp3 (:30)
Here's my Olster boy. Hopefully it works out ok. I've had a few issuer with the laptop :?
thank you for this part, Eitel. Textually it's all PL ok, and enthusiastic enough for this scene :lol: In fact, you brought in a bit too much enthusiasm, because your volume is exceeding the allowed maximum of 92 (in fact it's over 96 dB :shock: ). But there is no serious clipping, so it is not a problem. I'll make a note and Todd will adjust the volume in the editing phase. :) Just be careful with your next recordings ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adrianstephens wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 11:56 pmTommy Biles, section 14, 18 seconds, ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol002_tommybiles_wells_128kb.mp3
and the last one in the dynamic trio is also PL ok. Thank you so much, Adrian, can't wait to hear you three guys cheering them on together. :lol: it will be mayhem

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SCaulkins wrote: December 1st, 2019, 6:29 pmThe Stolen Bacillus, cabman:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/stolenbacillus_cabman_wells.mp3 (:13)
and last but not least, Scott, your cabman was also very accurately portrayed. Now hearing his efficiently calm voice, I cannot imagine him being friends with the three from the mayhem gang that I just heard before :lol: what a contrast. PL ok as well

Thank you

Todd: everything up-to-date for that story. (marathon PLing for about one hour :mrgreen: )
I'll PM Availle, in case she already signed off the thread. (happy that the PL notes are very contained)

And tonight I'll find some time to record my huge starring role as the other cabman :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is yet another cabbie for your listening pleasure :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/stolenbacillus_another_cabbie_wells.mp3
Recording time: 0:11 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 6:26 am one more:
ToddHW wrote: December 31st, 2019, 2:13 pmI also read The Anarchist in Wells to help that DR along.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/stolenbacillus_anarchist_wells_128kb.mp3
:lol: you sound like you swallowed the bacteria already in your voice credit :mrgreen: excellent job, Todd. I especially love it when you display the crazy mass-murderer attitude (ok, that sounds sick :roll: ) no but seriously, I can see the crazed-out gleam in your eye when you say "devastate a city. Wonderful" :shock: priceless !

There is only a bit missing, again due to colouring errors:

> at about 2:11: missed lines: “More,” he shouted, “if only we get away.

thanks

Sonia
Hmm. My recording setup seems to have dramatically changed somehow. I can't get anywhere near an acceptable match on these new lines. I'll try again tomorrow.

ALSO - I CAN'T SEE ALL THE COLORS THAT THE SCRIPT IS MARKED WITH. (One of the reasons I do not do many DRs.) I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO DO THE EDITING. ANY OTHER VOLUNTEERS IN CASE I CAN'T DO IT???

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 8:57 am and here is yet another cabbie for your listening pleasure :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/stolenbacillus_another_cabbie_wells.mp3
Recording time: 0:11 min.

Sonia
PL OK.

Thanks, Todd