[Complete] The Black Eagle Mystery by Geraldine Bonner - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Mike
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Yea!! I will get these done tomorrow! Thank you!
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

By the by, I've already made a cover for this recording. It's based on this image from 1923.
Mike
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lethargilistic wrote: January 19th, 2020, 2:01 am By the by, I've already made a cover for this recording. It's based on this image from 1923.
I have nothing to do with adding cover art. If you've never done it before, check here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785
Any questions, ask Annise.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 20:

1:44 - I don't typically say anything about pronunciation, but for "Skein", it should rhyme with "Stain" and you have it like skine. I'm not going to ask you to change it, but I knit, so it was just something to point out if you'd like to change it since there are a few other to change.

15:23 - I hear, "Then, I found the house," should be, "Then I left the house.

28:02 - double word - Harland. "Harland (pause) Harland and Barker"

31:08 - I hear, "Then curtailing the window," should be "Then curtaining the window"

31:44 - I hear, "Picked up Henry," should be "Picked up Heney"

34:34, I hear, "discharged one of his clerks for impertinence," should be "discharged one of his clerks for intemperance"

35:29- duplicated sentences: "After the man had gone Harland noticed the missing documents and jewelry but in the stress of his own affairs paid no attention to the theft." Found first at 35:21
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 21 - PL OK!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 5 - Spot PL - OK!
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

jenniferrd wrote: January 19th, 2020, 11:53 am Chapter 20:

1:44 - I don't typically say anything about pronunciation, but for "Skein", it should rhyme with "Stain" and you have it like skine. I'm not going to ask you to change it, but I knit, so it was just something to point out if you'd like to change it since there are a few other to change.

15:23 - I hear, "Then, I found the house," should be, "Then I left the house.

28:02 - double word - Harland. "Harland (pause) Harland and Barker"

31:08 - I hear, "Then curtailing the window," should be "Then curtaining the window"

31:44 - I hear, "Picked up Henry," should be "Picked up Heney"

34:34, I hear, "discharged one of his clerks for impertinence," should be "discharged one of his clerks for intemperance"

35:29- duplicated sentences: "After the man had gone Harland noticed the missing documents and jewelry but in the stress of his own affairs paid no attention to the theft." Found first at 35:21

1:43 - "Skein", it should rhyme with "Stain"

15:22 - "Then I left the house.

28:02 - removed double word - Harland. "Harland (pause) Harland and Barker"

31:08 - "Then curtaining the window"

31:42 - "Picked up Heney"

34:28 - "discharged one of his clerks for intemperance"

35:29 - removed duplicated sentences: "After the man had gone Harland noticed the missing documents and jewelry but in the stress of his own affairs paid no attention to the theft."
Mike
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 20 is PL - OK!

It's be an pleasure to work with you, Mike and you, Lynn! Thank you for reading this most interesting book, I love the setting, as I tend to read a lot of books set or written about the 1920s. Still feels somewhat modern, but definitely a product of a different time. :D :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

And off to the catalog :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page:https://librivox.org/the-black-eagle-mystery-by-geraldine-bonner/
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

jenniferrd wrote: February 1st, 2020, 5:45 am Chapter 20 is PL - OK!

It's be an pleasure to work with you, Mike and you, Lynn! Thank you for reading this most interesting book, I love the setting, as I tend to read a lot of books set or written about the 1920s. Still feels somewhat modern, but definitely a product of a different time. :D :D
Thank you so much for listening and for your patience during all the delays. So happy to have finished this with your help! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mike