[COMPLETE][HISTORY/GEOGRAPHY]World's Story 9: England - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sorry, I meant to give you that: "not him thy Harry's company" should be repeated, unless that is an error. He seems to have jumped down to the next line too soon. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 9:00 amSorry, I meant to give you that: "not him thy Harry's company" is missing. He seems to have jumped down to the next line too soon. Jim
oh now I see, the line "banish not him thy Harry's company" is repeated here and he only said it once. I guess we both overlooked this repetition. I checked with another archive scan and indeed it seems to be repeated in every edition.

Alan, would you mind giving me one more version of this line ? I could simply copy/paste this one, but maybe Falstaff is being more insistent and expressive in his repetition, maybe you want to intonate it differently. Just let me know. :)

And thanks Jim for your eagle eyes ! It really skipped my scrutiny in both PL jobs. :shock:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Glad I could help, of course. What I continue to believe is the sound (timber) of my voice doesn't fit with the other voices. Maybe I can manipulate it with some of the options from Effects. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 9:55 amWhat I continue to believe is the sound (timber) of my voice doesn't fit with the other voices. Maybe I can manipulate it with some of the options from Effects.
hmm I don't know, I really never used effects, unless I want to make a ghostly voice in drama :lol: I am not a big fan of enhancing sound. I could ask JayS who is a good sound expert, maybe he knows a trick or two to enhance it. I'll write him a PM and copy you into it. :)

That said, I don't think it sounds too off.

Sonia
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wohoooo !!! thank you so much. I will try to PL tomorrow, but it's a long section, it may have to wait till Monday, we'll see.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: January 16th, 2020, 9:11 am
neecheelok70 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 9:00 amSorry, I meant to give you that: "not him thy Harry's company" is missing. He seems to have jumped down to the next line too soon. Jim
oh now I see, the line "banish not him thy Harry's company" is repeated here and he only said it once. I guess we both overlooked this repetition. I checked with another archive scan and indeed it seems to be repeated in every edition.

Alan, would you mind giving me one more version of this line ? I could simply copy/paste this one, but maybe Falstaff is being more insistent and expressive in his repetition, maybe you want to intonate it differently. Just let me know. :)

And thanks Jim for your eagle eyes ! It really skipped my scrutiny in both PL jobs. :shock:

Sonia
Hi Sonia

I have just checked the file I uploaded for Falstaff and the "banish not him" line is there twice (either side of 8:20).
Do you still have my uploaded file or shall I upload it again :hmm:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 19th, 2020, 9:34 amI have just checked the file I uploaded for Falstaff and the "banish not him" line is there twice (either side of 8:20).
:oops: now I am so ashamed, that I did not even think that the error could lie with my editing. I must have overlooked it in your file because it was the same sentence. (this is a lesson in humility again). You are right, I found it now (thanks for the timestamp). And I inserted the second version into the right spot.

Jim this is ready for spot PL. At 10:03 and following, there should be two "banish not him" lines.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume09_54_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 18:38 min.

Also since we are nearing completion, and I didn't hear back from new reader DanielHurt, I checked his PL notes once again and noticed, I can easily correct all the spots myself. So as not to waste and otherwise good recording, I uploaded the corrected file now, if you could Spot PL that one as well. Here are the PL notes, as a reminder:
viewtopic.php?p=1643380#p1643380

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume09_58_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 14:30 min.

thank you

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sections 54 and 58 are now PL OK! I even ran 58 through Checker. Jim :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 19th, 2020, 11:24 am Sections 54 and 58 are now PL OK! I even ran 58 through Checker. Jim :D
:thumbs: super, thank you Jim !!!

Only one section left

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Alleluia! :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:( I am so sorry that you have recorded the wrong section. Following our PM communication, I will release the claim again. Jim in fact has volunteered to take on any remaining sections, so at least it is adopted straight away.

Thank you Jim !

And thanks storygirl, nevertheless. It was an unfortunate mishap.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yes, I would like to claim Section 37. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 20th, 2020, 4:11 amYes, I would like to claim Section 37. Jim
:thumbs: thanks again. And no stress. I'll be patient.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »