[COMPLETE][History][Geography]World's Story 10: England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and thank you Erin for the next three sections. They are all perfectly PL ok.

However I noticed another blip in the filenaming, which I overlooked last time. (it's definitely your nemesis :mrgreen: ) there should be no _ between volume and 10. Since they were all ok otherwise, I went and changed them all in my folder, so nothing to reupload here, but please change it in your section 15 when you correct the text.

The safest way to make sure you have the filename correct is to copy the example in the first post, this one: worldstory_volume10_###_tappan_128kb, then simply change the ### to the correct section number. I always do it that way, it's much simpler than typing it out yourself.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 17th, 2020, 1:16 pm Perfectly perfect, all three--and veeerrry interesting! PL OK, Sonia. Jim :thumbs:
thank you for the rapid PL Jim :)

here is another shorty:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_078_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:46 min.

Sonia
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Oh, and I almost missed this! :D
Sections 7, 30, 31 and 52 please. :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Wow, I love this painting! Overwhelming domesticity! Your 78 is absolutely PL 0K. Jim :D
Bloater51

Post by Bloater51 »

S 28: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_s28_tappan_128kb.mp3

Feedback is very welcome; I am still working on quality issues.
Andrew
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kikisaulite wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:22 am Oh, and I almost missed this! :D
Sections 7, 30, 31 and 52 please. :)
thank you Kristine. I already expected you to show up any time :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 5:16 am Wow, I love this painting! Overwhelming domesticity! Your 78 is absolutely PL 0K. Jim :D
thank you Jim and yes, I also love Millais' style. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Bloater51 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 5:24 am S 28: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_s28_tappan_128kb.mp3

thank you, Andrew, that was fast. Can you please always state the length of the file for our records each time you post a link ? Oh and careful with the filename, the example is in the first post: it should be 028 not s28 for the section number. Always use numerals.

But no need to reupload right away, I'll PL first and see if there are other issues to fix. I will PL today still, but not right away, as I am about to have guests. As soon as they are gone, I'll PL ;) stay tuned.

Sonia
Bloater51

Post by Bloater51 »

I should be happy to take s50 (Coronation)
Andrew
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Bloater51 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 5:40 am I should be happy to take s50 (Coronation)
thank you, will sign you up right away, and then I have to log off... see you in a few hours

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Bloater51 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 5:24 amS 28: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_s28_tappan_128kb.mp3
and I'm back and had a listen to your section, Andrew. Despite the sad occasion, somehow the whole funeral struck me as a sort of comedy :lol:

Well you read it very lively and interesting. :thumbs: Since you want feedback about quality, I still think that your voice has some peaks in it, so parts of it are louder and other parts very low in volume. Did you use compressor or anything ? It is still understandable, so I don't think it's a big issue, but keeping the voice more level throughout the reading would improve the overall volume. You will practice this with time and further sections, no worries. :) On the whole it was very good and nice to listen to.

However I have found one small error which needs correcting. Now no need to redo it all again, the text itself was flawlessly read. The issue is in the intro, and it is enough to simply re-record that sentence and paste it in the right spot.

> at 0:17: "the world's story volume 10" - for some reason you say "short story" :hmm:

> at the end you have 7 seconds of silence, which could get cut down to our standard 5 seconds

> and since you are reuploading anyway, the filename can be corrected as well: 028 instead of s28

thank you, and it was a great debut :thumbs: hoping to hear more from you soon. Well you already claimed another section, so I know I will :mrgreen:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 22--interesting argument! Jim :thumbs:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_022_tappan_128kb.mp3

The time is now 24:56.
Last edited by neecheelok70 on January 18th, 2020, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I found an omission, so I have resubmitted Section 22.
Bloater51

Post by Bloater51 »

Kitty wrote: January 18th, 2020, 9:25 am
Bloater51 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 5:24 amS 28: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_s28_tappan_128kb.mp3
and I'm back and had a listen to your section, Andrew. Despite the sad occasion, somehow the whole funeral struck me as a sort of comedy :lol:

Well you read it very lively and interesting. :thumbs: Since you want feedback about quality, I still think that your voice has some peaks in it, so parts of it are louder and other parts very low in volume. Did you use compressor or anything ? It is still understandable, so I don't think it's a big issue, but keeping the voice more level throughout the reading would improve the overall volume. You will practice this with time and further sections, no worries. :) On the whole it was very good and nice to listen to.

However I have found one small error which needs correcting. Now no need to redo it all again, the text itself was flawlessly read. The issue is in the intro, and it is enough to simply re-record that sentence and paste it in the right spot.

> at 0:17: "the world's story volume 10" - for some reason you say "short story" :hmm:

> at the end you have 7 seconds of silence, which could get cut down to our standard 5 seconds

> and since you are reuploading anyway, the filename can be corrected as well: 028 instead of s28

thank you, and it was a great debut :thumbs: hoping to hear more from you soon. Well you already claimed another section, so I know I will :mrgreen:

Sonia
Corrected as requested https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_028_tappan_128kb.mp3

Duration 4:52

I have also played around a bit with Audacity and hope I have made things better rather than worse. Changing my reading style will take some effort, but there may be technical solutions to help somewhat.

There is no doubt that Horace Walpole was telling the story to amuse. He must have made a tremendous dinner guest.
Andrew
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Sonia,
I see there is one historical note unclaime. May I have it (section 109)? Still working out my recording space in the new house, but should be able to get this done before too long. :)
Jo