'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have listened to “Geronimo’s Story of his Life” Read by Sue Anderson at least twice, This has made me want to be a part of this growing community. I want my young son years from now to be able to listen to his dad read a book to him.

Thanks Sue Anderson and the Librivox Community for this creative channel!

All of Sue's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Eduard Rochester (James K. White) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Please thank James K. White for his excellent narration of Melville’s The Encantadas. Good quality narration makes older writing accessible to the modern ear. Without it, it’s difficult to sustain interest. Nature has given James K. White a splendidly sonorous voice, which he used to great effect in his professional quality readings of The Encantadas. It is a delight to find such vocal abilities employed so well among volunteers. I look forward to listening to his other readings.

Melody

All of James' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pnagami (Pamela Nagami) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
My hearty thanks to Pamela Nagame for her reading of Manson's lectures
in tropical diseases. I am a physician, credentialed in tropical
medicine, having lived in a remote rural area of southern Ethiopia for
25 years. I've also authored a work on tropical medicine for
expatriates, and have a deep interest in the history of medicine.
Pamela's reading skills are superb, and the subject was fascinating.
I'd be most grateful if she could come up with another book like this.
Mary M.D. DTM&H

All of Pam's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Pleonic (J A Carter) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for reading "Orthodoxy," by G. K. Chesterton. I very much enjoyed your reading! I thought that the emphasis and pronunciation was very well done. I thought you had a good energy when reading, which was important to me as I ended up listening to chapters two or three times to make sure that I really understood all of what Chesterton had to say. Your pace was just right. I'm very thankful that you took the time to do the reading. I look forward to find you listed as the reader for other works.

All of J's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

icequeen wrote: January 17th, 2020, 9:29 pm Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have listened to “Geronimo’s Story of his Life” Read by Sue Anderson at least twice, This has made me want to be a part of this growing community. I want my young son years from now to be able to listen to his dad read a book to him.

Thanks Sue Anderson and the Librivox Community for this creative channel!

All of Sue's recordings!
Thank you for your kind words, and welcome to the LibriVox community! :) I think LibriVox is a very "family friendly" place. There are good books to listen to and opportunities, as you say, to record a "legacy book" that your son or daughter could enjoy now and treasure later in life. I know that there are some family groups who even read books together. Younger readers are welcome at LibriVox too. Another thing about Librivox which I, personally, value very much is LibriVox's "be nice" policy; LibriVox does not allow "unasked-for negative criticism" of recordings or personal attacks on the forum, and that makes it a welcoming place, indeed!

Best wishes,
kloro2006

Post by kloro2006 »

Thanks, Mary Ann Spiegel, for your wonderful reading of Amazing Interlude.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Librivox and Kara
I have just finished listening to The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett recorded by Kara in 2006.
I can't begin to tell you how just how many hours of pleasure this reading has given me.
Kara reads beautifully.
Thank you so much
Shirley
and...
Hello,

This review is for many of Kara’s readings which my children listen to for their school (AmblesideOnline.org) such as Story Book of Science, Our Island Story, etc… I just wanted to say that my children literally get excited and cheer when they hear that Kara Shallenberg is to be the reader. She is so clearly spoken and engaging, my children (and I) get absorbed in the story. As a recent Librivox volunteer, I am inspired by her style and the devotion with which she acoustically liberates these wonderful books.

Brooke

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Claire (Lee Ann Howlett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just finished “Understood Betsey”, this was one of my favorite stories and I really think you understood the feeling of the story,
Thank you,
Karla
All of Lee Ann's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A Masive thankyou Simon - I'm working my way through the books read by
you, simply because I enjoy the way you read and give such character to
the voices of the different 'players'. I have listened to other books
read as a collaboration, but I'm afraid some of the readers accents are
difficult for me to understand and I lose the continuity of having the
same reader throughout. It must be a labor of love for you to do so many
and I applaude your considerable efforts.
Many thanks, Rosie

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jhockey (Jonathan Hockey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi there,

I wanted take a moment to share my gratitude for your reading of “On the Shortness of Life”. Thanks for taking the time to record and share that with us.

Best,
Anthony

All of Jonathan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kehinde (Nathalie J.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Nathalie J,

Having just started listening to The White Linen Nurse read by 'Nathalie J' I feel compelled to thank the reader for her clarity of sound and space that is carried in her voice. So peaceful and present, many thanks Nathalie J.

https://librivox.org/the-white-linen-nurse-by-eleanor-hallowell-abbott/

Steven.

All of Nathalie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lilli74 (Lisa Caputo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Ciao,
ho appena terminato l'ascolto de "I Malavoglia".
Ti ringrazio per l'ottimo lavoro svolto.
Semplicemente con stima.

--
Cristiano

All of Lisa' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for queenk8 (Kate Follis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Kate,

I would like to send you my deep thanks and gratitude for your reading of “The Whispering Man”. I so very much enjoyed this book and you brought the characters alive for me and I was thoroughly engaged by your reading and intonation.

I very much look forward to listening to another one of your books and thank you once again for giving your time to this project.

I wish you a very happy new year!

Best Regards,

Michael

All of Kate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Reader: Christopher Smith

Title: History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century, Volume 1 by Jean-Henri Merle D'AUBIGNÉ (1794 - 1872)

I have really enjoyed listening to Volume 1. Thank you very much for your time in this. As a pastor I will be recommending this recording to my church members. It is difficult to find this work in print so it is great you are making it so accessible. I don’t know if you are doing volume 3 … but I hope so! I’d really like to know if you are planning it as a current/future project. To me your are the voice of d’Aubigne.

and...

Thanks So Much for recording the first two volumes of History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century! Years ago I read through it and loved it! However, now with less time it is harder to get such things read. With this I can listen while I work and I plan on having my children listening to this as well. While I would have been happy with a poor recording I was thrilled with your performance!!! God has given you a gift in reading this book!! May I encourage you to keep recording it as you can. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!
Ian

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for blightersrock (Tony Foster) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

I would like to thank Tony Foster for his reading of The Rainbow. This is the first D.H. Lawrence novel I've read, and I absolutely loved it! The prose is so immersive, and Mr. Foster's voice and inflections are perfectly suited to bringing it to life. I'm looking forward to listening to his other Lawrence recordings, and I appreciate the time he's put into making them.

Thank you,

Sarah

All of Tony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!