COMPLETE-[Literature] English Literature, Hodgson-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Farnood

Post by Farnood »

Farnood

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation" (Thoreau)
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Okay, okay-- I've got mine recorded and had a mistake or two to rerecord and did that, now just need to fit it together. It'll be in asap!
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks! These sections are turning out longer than I had realized!
KathrynP

Post by KathrynP »

growlands

Post by growlands »

Hi. I'm so sorry to do this, but after lots of reflection I need to withdraw from this project. There are two major reasons, besides time considerations.

Firstly, I found the chapters too lengthy to do comfortable in one sitting, which (as a newish reader I find I have to do). I know other projects I've worked on have split larger chapters into sections, and perhaps it would help any future projects like this to do the same? (Sorry if this seems presumptuous on my part - it's certainly not meant to be taken as such.)

Secondly, I found no easy place to insert the footnotes that abound in the middle of poems (explaining word meanings). This might seem trivial, but everything I tried broke the flow of the narration dramatically.

I hope you'll be able to find someone to pick up these chapters. I feel badly about this, not least because I enjoyed the author's subtly sly humor.

Good Luck!

Gareth
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

These chapters are already split into what I think should be manageable sections. The final listening time should be around 60 minutes. (Recording time will be longer obviously, depending on how many mistakes you make!) If you think the final recorded version will be longer than 70mins then yes, I’ll split it but not otherwise.

As a newish reader here, I recommend to you that you read the section before claiming next time, and only claim one section at a time. That’s the best way to keep within your capabilities.

If you’re wanting to read more poetry you might like to look at the “short works” forum, as that’s where most of the poetry projects are posted.
growlands

Post by growlands »

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated!

Gareth
RolvR

Post by RolvR »

lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi Elizabeth--Could I please give Section 08 "The Treatise, Part 1" a try? Thanks! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sure, I can PL your file!
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

lubee930 wrote: November 1st, 2019, 8:46 am Hi Elizabeth--Could I please give Section 08 "The Treatise, Part 1" a try? Thanks! :)
Hi again--Well, my deadline has arrived, and I have not managed to get this done. I will still happily record it for you, but I will need an extra month extension of time. If you would prefer to open it up for someone else to claim, then I understand completely. I do apologize--I had unexpected travel in the interim + the holidays--and it just didn't happen. :roll: Let me know what you think.
Kind regards,
Lucretia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

That’s fine, extension approved.
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi again, Beth--

I have been working on my Section 08. But it became more and more apparent to me that I could never get it completed in 72 minutes. So I decided to download the text file from archive.org and then do a rough word count. Sure enough, it came back at ~9800 words. There may be other volunteers who can record it in the required 72 minutes (and probably sounding much better than me :) ), but I could never do it. I just speak too slowly. I'm so sorry. Had I realized that it was so lengthy, I would not have claimed it.

I think that I had better relinquish my claim. Thanks.
Kind regards,
Lucretia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I can always split the chapter further? How much have you already recorded?